Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago I got Ceramic Pro 9h done on my mini, bill came to $1,000 including paint correction which was small due to it being a new car.

I did a ton of research before hand and it wasn't an easy decision to make after all $1,000 can get me an exhaust or a lot of fun other mods.

However, I am one of those guys that always wants their car clean and looking it's best. I also liked the idea that I never have to get it waxed again, that it would be super easy to clean and that it would be much harder to scratch.

If you don't know what the product is it's something in between wax and a clear bra. It dries hard, but you can't see it and when touched it just feels super slick. Water beads off of it which makes drying it much much easier. I went to a coin wash today which is what I am going to do from now on and it took me 5 minutes to dry it.

My car looks the exact same, contrary to what some may say that it gives it a deeper color :rollseyes:

It's only been 2 weeks, and I can tell you that the only thing that sticks to it is dust. A week ago I just wiped off all of the dust and it looked like it just got washed. We've had some crazy wind the past 2 days so I decided to wash it and take some pictures today and it looks great.

I'm very happy I got the product so far, but the test will be in 6 months, a year, 2 years etc. I got the Gold Package because it has a lifetime warranty, I do have to bring it in once a year for a touch up, which I have been quoted $100 for.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Well done. I was also looking into this very product and comparing it to other products. Im still not sold on it though as there isnt enough real life experiences on it to say yes its worth it or not to bother.
The $100 a year has me concerned as it requires annual inspections. Most people keep their cars for 5 years ao in this time period, your looking at the cost of another paint job on the car for the same price as the protection.

Jurys stil out for me.

Hope it serves you well though.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Yes sounds naughty to offer a lifetime warranty but charge you extra yearly. Gtecniq in the uk don't demand this but it's not a lifetime warranty I don't think. Effectively you're paying. Just pay for a yearly wax!

Love the colour we had it on our cabriolet. Wish we never sold it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The $100 isn't just for an inspection, it's a legit touch-up, respray and minor correction. The lifetime warranty is useful if the product stops beading for some reason which a lot of other products are known to do.

In 5 years I'll have spent $1,500 which as far as I've heard is not even close to the cost of a decent paint job. Plus, even if your intention was to repaint in 5 years, would you not also still get your car waxed every 6-12 months in the interim?

It's a great product for me, because I want my car to look like it just got waxed, always and I don't have the time or the funds to keep up that look.

The only true test is time, so I'll update this as often as I can. There is definitely a lack of proven non-biased investigation on the product available online.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Phew, it is pricey but might be worth every penny. I wonder how hard the coating is. One benefit of a typical clear bra is the material is soft and it absorbs the impact to some extent. I had one on my M3 years ago and it did its job pretty good but some stones still managed to rip the bra.

On my MINI, I just use Klasse products all over the car, including the windows and trims. Three layers survived with flying colors in winter here (I did not even wash the car for three months).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I too am thinking of getting Bodyarmour 9H on my JCW, the other option I was thinking of is Opticoat+.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 month update: Still awesome, a little water to get any sap/bird droppings out and a microfiber or California Duster to get all the dust off and it looks like it just got detailed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, couldn't post pics:

I see you caught that ;) So after I get it washed I always put McQuiers quick detail on top. The process is sort of like cleaning your windows and chasing those marks. They come out immediately upon running a microfiber over them, but they're tough to catch in normal light.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know what you mean. Ok, now I believe it's perfect ;) The metal paint particles are just awsome on that colour.

Do you have pic of the whole car? Looks veeeery nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Full Pic

I know what you mean. Ok, now I believe it's perfect ;) The metal paint particles are just awsome on that colour.

Do you have pic of the whole car? Looks veeeery nice.
Haha, thank you very much. I'm enjoying it a lot. The only problem with those particles is they make it impossible to color match for the chrome. Attached is a pic I took that day.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts