Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have a Mini Challenge 210 - dyno'd it the other month and totally stock, it made 246hp.

Does anyone know if I can get this remapped? OR fit a burger tuning box? I'd like to get it up somewhere near 300.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why???? :)

Just kidding - Congrats on having gotten one of the few (210 made) of these beauties. I assume you are thinking of tuning because you do tracks frequently?

Can't help with the tuning - just wanted to say it is gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
We had a 60plate FFRS that we took from a standard 300bhp to 480bhp. I have to admit, I felt we ruined it by turning it into a beast that could put you in a ditch if you weren't careful.

I understand your anticipated gains is not in the same league as we were but bear in mind that the standard parts may not be up to the job when your increase power this much. We need to upgrade clutches/gearbox, brakes/pads, suspension etc. A 'few mods' ended up costing in the region of £20k that obviously we didn't recoup. Never again.

We buy cars now that we feel don't need enhanced ...like our C63, Boxster GTS ......contemplating a Jeep SRT next... but that might be a bit extreme!

Reactions: Darrel

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had my F56 JCW tuned to 292bhp, mine was 240 stock, it feels much better for the extra power, certainly doesnt ruin anything. More BHP are the people to go to, they have a Cooper s of their own and they write their own maps

Hi,

We have a Mini Challenge 210 - dyno'd it the other month and totally stock, it made 246hp.

Does anyone know if I can get this remapped? OR fit a burger tuning box? I'd like to get it up somewhere near 300.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question is though, will more BHP be able to work on what is effectively an already tuned car?

Has anyone any experience with the plug in units? I like the idea of being able to remove it....

·
Registered
7 Posts
246hp stock? Does the challenge 210 has the 192 hp cooper s engine or the jcw engine? (Turbo is different)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Think it's the cooper s turbo on the 210, I've just fitted a JB4 from burger tuning and got some good numbers with stage 1, then we did stage 2 with a de-cat and got 296bhp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts