Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mini F56reaks,
I am now a proud owner of one myself since a few months. I would like to know if it is possible to change the door handles. I've found some covers but the majority is just way to thick and it looks weird in my opinion.
If not, can you recommend some covers?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Just have them plastic dipped. I have not seen any covers yet that I liked. Maybe you can find a cheap set of door handles from a junk yard and see if you can get them powder coated to see how they turn out before you do anything with yours.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I had mine painted in pepper white to match the body. No extra bulk and they look stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought some carbon fiber ones. They are way thinner than plastic covers and much stronger because of the material. I can just recommend you to invest into some good ones otherwise it's not worth the money.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm getting mine wrapped next week in gloss black - I'll let you know how it goes - it was the vinyl wrappers who said to wrap them as he's getting rid of the rest of the chrome
Be sure to show us some photos of the dechromed look as I was considering this before 'Rejection no.2'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the recommendations! I choose the carbon covers in the end. They have already been shipped.
ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Keyless-go-entry-Comfort-Door-Handle-Cover-F56-LHD-Mini-Cooper-2014up-/221921218857?vxp=mtr&hash=item33ab891129
for your reference :D
I'll update you with some pictures as soon as they arrived.

·
Super Moderator
8,540 Posts
They must remove because we had a new rear barn door handle on ours before we bought it-it had been sat in the showroom and someone, probably with a ring had scratched the chrome quite badly-bmw fitted and new one in about 20 mins-but i would presume you might need to take the inner door panel off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.