Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

any experience on swapping the closed grill on the new EV F56 Mini? I prefer the open ones as e.g. the works grill. Is it a straight forward swap?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
No direct experience, but the mountings are probably the same. Do you know of anyone with an F56 to compare? You could try speaking to the parts department at your dealer, when it is back open.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, unfortunately the main dealer is not willing to look into it, dismantle or check the grill mountings, but indeed am thinking of going to an experienced other garage.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Typical. You could try using realoem to compare assemblies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
S Electric: I have one on order almost exactly like yours. Also following this topic! Seems like the circular cutout for the E logo also mean you will have to change the front bumper cover as well?

This might be the best solution I've seen yet:
http://instagr.am/p/B-xlDlgjb_m/

·
Registered
5 Posts
The SE has the same lower bumper skirt as the F56 Justa. So there is a chance that the grille may fit

·
Registered
5 Posts

Are you talking about the upper part from the yellow bar and up from the picture above? Looks like the round logo has a small cut out on the bumper.

But I hope you are right and I am wrong 🙂

·
Registered
5 Posts
The lower bumper skirt is the same as the F56 Justa. I do not know about the grille shape yet

·
Registered
20 Posts
How did the swap go jonfastbike?
Hi
The grill is only a straight swop if you change the bumper centre as well, the ev grill and bumper is in one ( the grey parts). Also bumper don’t need removing
Anyone got the vigorous grey paint ral code on the bumper and rear hatch handle ?
J

1 - 20 of 47 Posts