Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6 months after cancelling an F56 MCS because of delays, I'm trying again & placed an order for the same spec as before. Delivery 1st March.

Apologies if you already know this but its all new to me!

My dealer has told me there have been some changes to the available options. Even though the UK configurator still shows it, you can no longer get the Park Assist Pack. The Parking Assistant is no longer available & the Park Distance Control is only for the rear now. You can also no longer get the Dark Cottonwood Trim if you have the what is now called the Sport Interior Pack. The LED foglights are included in the LED Headlights with cornering lights option. The Extended interior lights package is now called the Basic Interior Lights Pack (Orange) but apparently you still get all the pretty colours! Gets confusing doesn't it?

Just thought a few of you in the UK might like to know! :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can you still get the reversing camera? I think you had to get Park Assist and distance control to be able to specify the camera.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Can you still get the reversing camera? I think you had to get Park Assist and distance control to be able to specify the camera.

Thanks
I have a June 2014 build car and I have the reversing camera but didn't need to spec the Park Assistant so they are not tied together -Don't know if it's still available though

·
Registered
235 Posts
Without front parking sensors Parking assist would not work. I wonder if the take as not been good, I have it, but only because I have an ex-demo car. But would I trust it, NO.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks all for the info. Camera essential as I have spinal problems and turning round is not that easy. I wonder when the UK configurator will be updated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just heard from my dealer. He says he may have been wrong about these option changes. I double checked the online configurator after it had an upgrade last weekend & the interior & exterior 'sports' packs are still called 'John Cooper Works' & the following packs ARE still available:

Park Assistant Pack (Park Distance Control Front & Rear + Parking Assistant)
Mini Yours Dark Cottonwood Interior Pack
Driving Assistant Pack (loads of stuff including the automatic parking)

Apparently he was getting errors when submitting the specs to the factory. He says he's now got around the errors & added the options.

Scheduled to pick it up 1st March. Can't wait! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They changed or are changing the option codes for the Park Assist and MINI Yours interior trims.... maybe that's the reason for the error?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was going to say... if they stopped the park assistant pack then no new cars would get the left most toggle switch!

Thank goodness it's still an option :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Never trust. only verify.

Without front parking sensors Parking assist would not work. I wonder if the take as not been good, I have it, but only because I have an ex-demo car. But would I trust it, NO.
I have 'Parking assist' (came with the car I bought one afternoon).

I've never used it either. I'm with you - never trust it.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Latest.............The Driving Assistant Pack is not available until further notice. problems with the headlights on the production line apparently. I guess I can live without that little box of tricks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the rear camera on my new F55 with the rear parking sensors. you don't have to have park assist!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks s7afu that's good news, saves best part of £300 which I can squander on more extras.

Just having a play with the configurator om MCS, added Chili, added enhanced BT which includes VB then selected reversing camera. Box comes up when I can select rear parking sensors and remove park assist, click to add and the configurator bombs out with error 301. Tried a few times with the same result, hope MINI IT get error flags and can fix this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats good news regarding interior lights, I thought I was missing out when my order said Standard Orange .. roll on week thursday : )

·
Registered
234 Posts
My dealer has told me there have been some changes to the available options. Even though the UK configurator still shows it, you can no longer get the Park Assist Pack. The Parking Assistant is no longer available & the Park Distance Control is only for the rear now. You can also no longer get the Dark Cottonwood Trim if you have the what is now called the Sport Interior Pack. The LED foglights are included in the LED Headlights with cornering lights option. The Extended interior lights package is now called the Basic Interior Lights Pack (Orange) but apparently you still get all the pretty colours! Gets confusing doesn't it?

Just thought a few of you in the UK might like to know! :)
I ordered a 5-door Cooper D 2 days ago and was absolutely devastated when they said Mini do not do the Park Assist any more. I am completely useless at parallel parking and this was my savour. Last think I want to do is damage the alloys, like many cars before it.

I can't wait, my first ever brand new car, I'm so excited!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, a bit later in the thread I posted a reply after questioning the dealer. You CAN get the Park Assist Pack. He explained that it came up as an error at first but eventually was able to add it. It's on the new contract he sent me & should be on my MCS arriving at the dealers next week. The only pack that's not available right now is the Driving Assistant Pack due to headlight production line problems with this pack. It was a hefty £740 for high beam assist & a few other gadgets that I can do without. I was just going for a 'fully loaded' build. Luckily I'm away working so the wait isn't too painful & I'm hanging on until 1st March for a 15 plate anyway. I'm always 'kerbing' wheels too! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi, a bit later in the thread I posted a reply after questioning the dealer. You CAN get the Park Assist Pack. He explained that it came up as an error at first but eventually was able to add it. It's on the new contract he sent me & should be on my MCS arriving at the dealers next week. The only pack that's not available right now is the Driving Assistant Pack due to headlight production line problems with this pack. It was a hefty £740 for high beam assist & a few other gadgets that I can do without. I was just going for a 'fully loaded' build. Luckily I'm away working so the wait isn't too painful & I'm hanging on until 1st March for a 15 plate anyway. I'm always 'kerbing' wheels too! :)
I tried my dealer again and they said it's definitely not available. I even mentioned the codes and whatnot and even tried ringing other dealers but still the same feedback.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The parking assistant is certainly very 'hit and miss'. One manoeuvre resulted in it deciding to chicken out when I was part way into a very tight space.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats weird. This is from my contract dated 8th Feb.......

5DU Park Assistant Pack 491.67 98.33 590.00
508 Park Distance Control, front and rear
5DP Parking Assistant

Hope you get it sorted!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts