Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 MCS with the visual boost and I find the sound a bit thin.

I am considering upgrading the door speakers and was wondering if anyone had tried the ones from Mike the Mini (uk based).

If not, does anyone have any recomendation please.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi JohnWB.. I think I have the same system as you, and with the subwoofers under the front seats - not a bad sound but could probably do with more sensitive speakers and preferably with an integrated tweeter just to give a bit more sparkle at high frequencies I would also like to change the rear speakers as well.. So if you do happen to find any alternatives that are suitable and will fit - please do post on here and I will do the same also. Things to consider - sensitivity.. max input rating.. Impedence..frequency response.. and size for fitting.. Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JohnWB.. I think I have the same system as you, and with the subwoofers under the front seats - not a bad sound but could probably do with more sensitive speakers and preferably with an integrated tweeter just to give a bit more sparkle at high frequencies I would also like to change the rear speakers as well.. So if you do happen to find any alternatives that are suitable and will fit - please do post on here and I will do the same also. Things to consider - sensitivity.. max input rating.. Impedence..frequency response.. and size for fitting.. Thanks
Will do ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would also be interested.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hadn't realized about the 3 screw connection ie: BMW fitment speakers...
So thinking of either these OE Audio 100CX http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=272070735245&alt=web
or these Match MS4X http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121613159345&alt=web
The OE Audio look better quality woofer material and are 70 rms whereas the Match are 60 rms and look similarly made to the MINI speaker. Also the OE Audio has apparently got the BMW type electrical connection so should be no wiring.
Any thoughts out of these two which would be best ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you want a real upgrade i would go for a known brand like gladen which is known for good sound. You pay a bit more but i think it will be worth it.

But know this. The sound in our minis is highly equalized meaning it is changed to sound a bit normal without tweeters. So if you get speakers with tweeters chances are you won't get a good balanced sound.
For that you will have the to clean the signal first with a mosconi amp and then get it to better speakers. But this costs way more. That is what everybody says who owns a bmw or mini

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.