Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice please if you can, changed the wheels from !5" Helix on our Mini One D to Genuine 17" Black gloss Alloys, question is do I need to tell my insurer? I know that 17" Rims can be an option to buy as standard on the Mini so will it make a difference? Thanks :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Advice please if you can, changed the wheels from !5" Helix on our Mini One D to Genuine 17" Black gloss Alloys, question is do I need to tell my insurer? I know that 17" Rims can be an option to buy as standard on the Mini so will it make a difference? Thanks :)
All insurers are different mate

As such, I think this would be a case of "check your policy document" and/or talk with your insurer.

Mine, for example, allows me to add/change whatever I like as long as I don't render the car non-roadworthy (ie illegal). I have an 'agreed value' policy and, from their point of view, they already know their maximum claim exposure. If I go and add $20K of accessories to a car insured for $38K, they'll still only pay the $38K (less excess*)

DJ

(*) aka "deductible" for you US folk.

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
Insurer def needs to know in the UK. They even wanted to charge me extra for putting winter tyres on till I complained I was being penalised for making the car safer.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Yes you can upgrade from your 15 to 16/17/18 Oem or you can go aftermarket as long as you have a 5x112 with a 45 off set.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes you can upgrade from your 15 to 16/17/18 Oem or you can go aftermarket as long as you have a 5x112 with a 45 off set.
The OP has already got the wheels, and he's asking about his insurance ;)

In the UK we're always told to notify them, tell them they're optional from MINI, and not aftermarket, and the wheel name will help - 17" so I'm guessing Cosmos?

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Best to give them a ring to be sure you are still covered.

I have a spare set of 17" black Cosmos wheels if you are interested :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts