Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
797 Posts
Lucky enough to have a small garage to park inside.
My SE is parked at home for at least 15 hours per day plus I very rarely drive over 90 miles in that day.
This means the 3 pin granny charger is perfectly fine.
The £700 saving on a wall box pays for a few years of overnight slow charging once or twice a week.
It means you can’t make use of cheap overnight tariffs though. I get four hours of electricity at 7.5p per kWh. That 4 hours is more than enough to fill up when I need it. If I had to use the granny charger I would exceed the 4 hours and end up paying 39.25p per kWh. That would quickly eat into any savings from not having a wall box.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
797 Posts
WOW! 39.25p per kWh, that is HUGE. You electricity bill must be crazy. I pay 21.34 Euro Cent per kWH, which is about half what you pay for day rate and a little over 5 EuroCent per kWh night rate (between 11pm and 8am). Is that just relatively recently that the price has gone so high or has it always been very high
Actually I’m good at managing my energy use so my bills are about £50 - £70 a month for electricity even with the increase. I am all LED lights, and appliances are all A++ rated. I also do my washing, drying and dishwasher on the evening rate as they are the biggest users of power.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
797 Posts
I'm still on Octopus Go Faster 20.30 - 00.30 at 5p off peak and 13.31p peak until the end of March. With the early start of off peak we've managed to move over 50% of our usage to the off peak hours which is a great saving.
They still offer the Go Faster tariff but at the much higher rates of 39.25p and 7.5p but the earliest start time is now 21:30 not 20:30. I still manage to use all my high usage devices after 21:30, even the air con so that I can get the bedroom cold before I got to sleep. I am on the increased rate for a year but that is fine with me as the majority of my use is at 7.5p per kWh.

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
797 Posts
I went for myenergi zappi 2 after lots of research, it was the only charger that had pen fault built inside so eliminated the need for earth rods, it also works with solar/wind renewable and can be set to use just renewable, just grid or a mix of both, they also have water tank system myeddi which can be linked to the system and an app to see everything working together.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
There are other wall boxes with PEN built in. The new BP Pulse box has PEN built in.

These also have PEN built in:

Ohme Home Pro
EO Mini Pro 2
Easee One
Hypervolt Home 2.0
Andersen A2

·
Premium Member
2021 BMW i3 - Red
797 Posts
I really like my new BP Pulse wall box. It is neat, well made and has worked perfectly so far. The app is good, better than the old version.

You can access the wall box remotely using an App or a website. You also have access to the local settings (like LED brightness) by using a web interface, no App required for that. In fact you don’t need a phone App to do anything with the BP unit, it is all fully accessible via the internet / web browser.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts