Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the OhMe home pro installed. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been having regular issues with the charging. I plug the car in to the home charger and I would expect it to charge based on whatever setting I have it down for. Whether that’s to charge in slot or max charge or whatever. However, that isn’t happening.

If I check the OhMe home pro unit, it takes forever to check with the car what charge it is on. Again, my expectation would be that the car would click back to the unit and see that it’s plugged in and therefore should charge. But no. I’ll get the occasional message via the app, ‘unable to communicate with car, assuming empty battery’, which in my mind says the unit and app recognise the battery is worn down and therefor needs charging.
Othertimes, I’ve gone out to check and it just isn’t doing anything whatsoever.
I shouldn’t be having to go out two hours later to check that the car is charging. Has anyone got any light they can shine on the situation?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have seen this with our ID3 but not with the Mini. Questions: 1) Is indicator light next to the port in the car indicating a connection and charge process?
2) when you get that message in the App are you at ‘zero’ miles range? If the battery is completely empty, I have heard from other EV users that they sometimes had problems to start the charge.

It might be worth doing a test and using the 13A charger in a standard plug (by-pass your wall charger) just to see if you still get the fault. It could be a problem with your wall charger.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You say for the last few weeks, was it working OK when you first had it installed?
Have you got a good phone signal where you live?
If the charger is controlling the charging have you got the car set to "Charge Immediately"?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts