Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. First time post and I would appreciate any help with this problem.

The CEL on my MINI came on about 3 weeks ago at ~ 60k miles. I drive 15k/year, 80% of which is freeway.
The only symptoms I noticed were intermittently high idle (up to 1500) and slightly reduced gas mileage.
Otherwise it drove perfectly.

I made an appt with my local BMW/MINI shop (not dealer) and the day before the appt, the CEL cleared!
But the codes that were found were, in order:

1E0001: Idle speed control: Engine speed too high
190F08: Fuel tank ventilation system: Malfunction

118401: Mixture control: Mixture too lean, deviation too high
1B8004: Environmental air catalyst sensor, engine coolant temperature sensor cooler output: Implausible with each other

118001: Mixture control: Fuel-air mixture too lean

Literally the next day the CEL came back on. Still with intermittently high idle (up to 1500) and slightly reduced gas mileage.Otherwise drives perfectly.

I'm about to bring it back for a free code recheck, but any ideas what this could be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have mini cooper F56 2014 years. I lived this problem. After a drive, my idle going high sometimes and down regularly. And I take only. P0171 and P1180(01) and 118001 Obd2 codes from the brain. I search in the internet. And I find nothing. I started to try everything. I saw some mini users paid 8000 dollars and nothing solved. When you check troublecodes . They are saying everything except fuel tank valve system in this code.

When you live this problem and you see idle go high and down . Please try firstly fuel tank valve operating truely. If when you open fuel tank cap( gasoline added place) , you are hearing vacuum noise( fııısssss), you must check first fuel tank valve( it is entering manifold and cause of not calculating air intake to the engine and causing mixture too lean) because this valve is letting the gasoline vapour to the engine and work with 12 volt. My fuel tank valve is operating true when the engine is cold. But after a little while , it is temperature going high and it is passing to trouble and locked and dont let the vapour to the engine. After colding again let the all vapour to the engine and idles going to high. FUEL TANK VALVE is working like a lighter( tik tik tik tik)

note: P0171,118001, P1180 Mixture too lean, system too lean

·
Registered
2 Posts
we choose the problem with E36 BMW fuel tank valve. We cut new line for it. Becausw my repairman(37 years worked for bmw+mini) said to me “ I never changed this valve in my life”. New cars so fragile. So we solve the problem with old piece ☺

1 - 5 of 5 Posts