Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone order the CHILI pack? Dealer has told me it helps the residual value of the car which I am interested in if buying on MINI Selct (higher guaranteed residual value). I've also read somewhere that over 90% of orders have it.

Thing is, I don't necessarily want everything in it. I do want some of it and I'm conscious that my spec gets expensive when I add it in.

Has everyone else ordered their car with it?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Does everyone order the CHILI pack? Dealer has told me it helps the residual value of the car which I am interested in if buying on MINI Selct (higher guaranteed residual value). I've also read somewhere that over 90% of orders have it.

Thing is, I don't necessarily want everything in it. I do want some of it and I'm conscious that my spec gets expensive when I add it in.

Has everyone else ordered their car with it?

That's right, most people do order the CHILI pack because it does help the cars resale values when you come to sell it. It's also cheaper as well rather than adding on everything separately, but I guess you just have to work out what's best for you and what options you really need.

If the CHILI pack is not necessary then maybe the PEPPER pack would be good because it still includes some essentials. This is what I have ordered on my Mini One because the CHILI Pack wasn't available :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
As Midnight Black says, you have to look carefully at what options are included in the package and think about which ones you actually need / want. If you do want what's in them, the various packages are great way of saving money, but on the other hand, it's easy to be seduced into taking extra options you wouldn't be paying for at all if they weren't included in the package. In my case, (F55 MCS) I didn't go for the Chili pack simply because here in Japan the pack only comes with 17" tentacle spoke wheels in silver. I was sure I wanted black wheels, and my only choice was the 16" black victory spokes (it's different in other countries, I think). Apart from the wheels, though, I've specced everything else in the Chili pack - some of them together as the Pepper pack (which IS available for the MCS in Japan).
It's interesting to read how options differ so widely between different countries. I would have liked the option to deselect the chrome line exterior, which is available in the UK, for instance, but was told that Japanese orders HAD to have that. On the plus side, folding wing mirrors are standard here. I know in some other places people have to pay extra for those.
Good luck getting the spec you want!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes, resale is higher but not by asmuch as the cost of the pack.

I have had 3 MINIS with CHILLI but this time opted for PEPPER and am happy enough with that decision.

If going for an S and you are on a budget you could opt for a coupleof options such as front front fogs and visual boost radio.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Still don't understand why it's not standard in other territories. In Australia, you get the Chili pack as standard on the Cooper S only.

Personally I would go for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Chilli pack also gives you discounts on some of the other packages, when they are bought together, like the MediaXL (at least, in the UK). I went for the Chilli pack as I wanted the sports seats although I think I read somewhere that they aren't included anymore. I think you need a degree to stay on top of the options packages...just when you think you have them sussed they update the configurator again

·
Registered
16 Posts
My suggestion is that you sit down with the dealer's finance guy and ask him to look at the impact of choosing various specs on the PCP. I tried it and realised that the Chili pack offers the best return. Also, most of the safety related options loose less than others and therefore result in a higher guaranteed final value.

·
Registered
216 Posts
We'll I don't have the Chili Pack because I'm in the States and don't even know what it is. I don't see it on the Configurator.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Willwoers,
I have had the chilli pack on all the four Minis that I have owned.
The pack is the best value for money if in your price range, and would always recommend it.
It also makes some further extras cheaper to add as well, as suggested, sit down and go through the different options and prices before you order.
Good luck with whatever you order and add.
Blazing Deb

·
Registered
234 Posts
PEPPER used to be an option when I was configuring over a week ago, then when I came to order I was told that it's no longer available on the MCD F55. Odd. But I was opting for the CHILI pack anyway.

From what I understand, one of them is included in the other, I think all or most of the features of the PEPPER pack is included in the CHILI pack, but don't quote me on this without checking first.

The reason I went for it was because most of the optional extras I wanted were included, so I saved some money.

I have had the chilli pack on all the four Minis that I have owned.
Four?! All new? Do you do that Mini Select PCP thing? This first ever MINI, first ever brand new car, I've ordered is on that and I hope to keep getting new cars at the two-year call you get from the dealer lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi radiocaf,
Over the years (not telling you how many!) we have been able to buid up to buying a new car, once achieved we save the amount a car loan would be each month.
We keep each car 4 years as we do very little mileage and then part ex for a new one.
So have been lucky to own the last 4 Minis outright, PCP is a great option, but it does rather tie you into a brand.
Blazing Deb.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi radiocaf,
Over the years (not telling you how many!) we have been able to buid up to buying a new car, once achieved we save the amount a car loan would be each month.
We keep each car 4 years as we do very little mileage and then part ex for a new one.
So have been lucky to own the last 4 Minis outright, PCP is a great option, but it does rather tie you into a brand.
Blazing Deb.
Thanks for the reply, ahh see now I don't have the discipline to do that, although I wish I did.

A mate of mine at work says you aren't actually tied into the brand, you can go anywhere, but I wouldn't want to try it to be honest. I do a decent amount of miles, so much so that I will probably smash my 14,000 annual mileage limit. I hope to do a lot of overtime so my next one will be bought out fully, the same as your four, if not almost completely paid for.

Me and the Mrs. do have a plan to just save and save so we don't rely on our monthly wages, but on the savings account, and all being well, we will end up putting more in than we take out and we will always have a fallback.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi radiocaf
Good luck with thw saving, it is the only way to go in this world of uncertaintany.
I only do 4000 miles a year, so we always trade in a car that has only done your annual mileage, so makes a great buy for someone!
Blazing Deb

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the Chili package.

Over here it contains several items that I consider a must have and the price of those items separately was higher that combined in the package with a lot of other extra's.

Chili package over here in Belgium:
Fabric/leather carbon black sport seats
On board computer
Electronic dual zone climate control
Light package
Multifunctional steering wheel
Rain & light sensor
Navigation professional
White indicators
Cosmo spoke 17" wheels
Mini excitement package
Hight adjustment passenger seat
Storage package
Mini driving modes
Carpets
LED foglights (when LED headlights are ordered)

Price for all this combined is 2100 euro.

Can't beat that value for money. To give you an indication, the professional navigation option alone is in the pricelist for exactly 2100 euro.

·
Registered
375 Posts
In addition to my previous post. This is the price for the Cooper S which is lower than the Cooper because items like dual zone climate control, hoght adjustment passenger seat and white indicators are part of the standard configuration.

Chili package for the Cooper is 3350 euro and contains 16" wheels instead of 17" and regular foglights instead of led foglights.

Furthermore, what surprises me is all the differences between countries. For example in the Netherlands the LED headlights are standard for the Cooper S but alarm system is an option. For me in Belgium it's exactly the other way around and alarm is standard while LED headlights are an option.

So far for standardization and efficiency.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts