Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

The wife and I picked up our MINI cooper today and love it already. This is my 4th MINI and my wifes 2nd. We had the union jack roof and side indicator surrounds fitted and love how it all looks. Really like the JCW aero kit now I have seen it in person.

We also have the sports suspension fitted which so far I really like. Feels firm with the 17" wheels, but not that uncomfortable for longer trips.

Engine sounds really nice and has so much pull low down the rev range. Can't wait to get it run in and see what it can really do.

Few pics attached for you all to look over.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Looks fantastic. Glad to see chilli red back, even it is now reserved for JCW cars.

Notice the grill bars and boot trim have a brushed look, I wonder why?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The brushed look is what you get with a Cooper if you don't have the chrome line exterior.
Yep that's correct. Since we got the jcw aero kit we couldn't spec the chrome line exterior. Doesn't look too bad but would have preferred chrome. The boot handle is also the same.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Code:
The brushed look is what you get with a Cooper if you don't have the chrome line exterior.
A strange one that! I have never seen a Cooper without the chrome grill, but maybe I haven't been looking close enough.

I thought chrome bars were on all Coopers, this is new for the F56.

I am pretty certain this was not the case when speccing my car in March, could this be a 2015 model change?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Code:
A strange one that! I have never seen a Cooper without the chrome grill, but maybe I haven't been looking close enough.

I thought chrome bars were on all Coopers, this is new for the F56.

I am pretty certain this was not the case when speccing my car in March, could this be a 2015 model change?
Had a look in the July 2014 brochure, and says Cooper comes with chrome surround and aluminium slats and boot handle. The mini one gets chrome surround with black slats. If you get the chrome exterior pack then you get these aluminium bits replaced with chrome along with the lower bumper surround and rear fog light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A few pics of the car from last Thursday with some members from local club.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Agree veg biker I really really want an original. We had one for a while couple of years ago from a relative 1976 Mayfair with 36000 miles on it BUT we had no garage space and it was dissolving. Wish I'd rented another garage now or put the mbike at the back. Ah well when I win the lottery we will have an original Italian job in RED.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts