Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
332 Posts
Hi,
Used before and would not use again.
Poor paint match and the kits do not include lacquer which makes the chips stand out due to the matt finish.

Go for the official MINI touch up kit (cheaper & better) and spend some time blending with polish.

· Registered
6 Posts
I used a Chip Ex to address some scratches another driver left in the rear bumper of my blazing red.

The color match and gloss are not a perfect match, but the repair is now hard to see from more than 3-4 feet away. Before the repair, the scratches were quite evident from a distance.

· Super Moderator
8,893 Posts
I always have mine mixed; on ebay by a fiona someone from ireland; fantastic colour mat£5 for the bottle inc brush. you cant go wrong. once you've built up enough layers tcut on a suitable sized cloth covering say a match stick to bring the paint level without taking off surrounding paint. Never found this bit easy and on one car i had a did start going through the surrounding paint so beware! Caution is the better part of valour. i've seen people use a dab of thinners to take the bulge down too but never tried this! Seems to be a dark art to me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.