Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In process of ordering spec and on the R56 chrome line interior was a must and you got quite a lot. Around centre circle, all vents, speedo, gear lever surround etc
However on th F56 a lot is standard anyway. All I can see extra are the end vents and speakers. What's different in the centre binnacle and does the gear shift have it anyway?

Wondering if money would be better spent on piano black, or centre armrest or even a JCW steering wheel with paddles

Cheers guys

·
Registered
101 Posts
In process of ordering spec and on the R56 chrome line interior was a must and you got quite a lot. Around centre circle, all vents, speedo, gear lever surround etc
However on th F56 a lot is standard anyway. All I can see extra are the end vents and speakers. What's different in the centre binnacle and does the gear shift have it anyway?

Wondering if money would be better spent on piano black, or centre armrest or even a JCW steering wheel with paddles

Cheers guys
On the F55/F56 the chrome line interior gives you:

1) Chrome parking brake end
2) Chrome half rings on door handles (since half is standard chrome)
3) Chrome speaker surrounds
4) Chrome Air vent surrounds (unless you order mini yours interior where it replaces it with those dark pieces)

The chrome shift surround and chrome center surround are standard now (at least in the US). There is a document I posted somewhere on here that outlines the specifics included in the package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the F55/F56 the chrome line interior gives you:

1) Chrome parking brake end
2) Chrome half rings on door handles (since half is standard chrome)
3) Chrome speaker surrounds
4) Chrome Air vent surrounds (unless you order mini yours interior where it replaces it with those dark pieces)

The chrome shift surround and chrome center surround are standard now (at least in the US). There is a document I posted somewhere on here that outlines the specifics included in the package.
Looking at pictures of UK spec cars the parking brake has it anyway and the only differences are the end air vents, speakers and half chrome around door handles.
This seems a complete rip off at £110. Whereas in the old model it was good value. Think I'll pass and spend the dosh elsewhere

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree, better bang for your buck elsewhere.

We ordered Piano Black (similar money to Chrome interior) and its very, very nice...the MINI Yours Alloy looks lovely too but twice the price of course

What is your spec looking like at the mo ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, better bang for your buck elsewhere.

We ordered Piano Black (similar money to Chrome interior) and its very, very nice...the MINI Yours Alloy looks lovely too but twice the price of course

What is your spec looking like at the mo ?
thanks spec is 5 door cooper auto (wifey) in electric blue, chili pack, black roof/wheels/stripes and privacy, rear park assist (wifey..lol) alternative leatherette seats, extended bluetooth (to get the armrest cheaper) and JCW steering wheel(paddles on auto)...oh and free external chrome pack

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks like a very nice spec....are you ordering the LED headlights?

We ummed and arred on this one and went with LED's and am so glad we did, they look awesome and are sooo bright. I know they are quite expensive but i feel they re worth the extra money (many on here agree also)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like a very nice spec....are you ordering the LED headlights?

We ummed and arred on this one and went with LED's and am so glad we did, they look awesome and are sooo bright. I know they are quite expensive but i feel they re worth the extra money (many on here agree also)
Funny you should say that it's on my to do list for today. We are on the limit of what we can justify for the car so may drop a couple of things to get LED. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good luck with that then Pacemaker :) we couldn't find anything we were prepared to drop so we blew the budget and went with the LED's too.

We couldn't really afford it but hey you have to live with the car and be happy with it for a few years - a few less coffees a month at Starbucks was our view

I hope I'm not a bad influence LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looking at pictures of UK spec cars the parking brake has it anyway and the only differences are the end air vents, speakers and half chrome around door handles.
This seems a complete rip off at £110. Whereas in the old model it was good value. Think I'll pass and spend the dosh elsewhere
This is the universal document that details the options I was talking about:
http://www.mini.dk/_downloads/pdf/Prisliste_MINI_F56_ekstraudstyr_130314.pdf

Also, the hand brake lever does change. It is the ring that goes around the end, not the chrome button itself. Check it out on the configurator.

The document attached says that it adds the ring to the center instrument and the shift surround but I know those are standard in the US so might be a UK thing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the universal document that details the options I was talking about:
http://www.mini.dk/_downloads/pdf/Prisliste_MINI_F56_ekstraudstyr_130314.pdf

Also, the hand brake lever does change. It is the ring that goes around the end, not the chrome button itself. Check it out on the configurator.

The document attached says that it adds the ring to the center instrument and the shift surround but I know those are standard in the US so might be a UK thing
Thanks, interesting document
Yes the dealer has confirmed the centre chrome trim is the same. Only difference is end vents, speakers and as you said the tiny bit on the end of the handbrake

Have cancelled it and put money towards LED lights :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts