Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my car four weeks and the black plastic parts inside the car are showing whitish/grey marks already. Mostly inside the driver door, maybe my shoes rub against it when it get in/out of the car. I have leatherette seats, and noticed some marks on those too.

What is the best way to keep the inside in pristine condition?

I don't even drive the car that much, so a little puzzled...maybe it because the inside is black. On my other car everything was grey, so it probably didn't show up as much.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I always keep a micro-fibre cloth in the car and use either matt finish dash cleaner or wipes. But only matt finish cleaners that don't add shine.
I'm sure Mini do a nicely expensive cleaner that they will recommend!

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
I can thoroughly recommend the armoural interiorl trim and plastic cleaner comes in Matt or gloss. I usually use the gloss as it gives the plastic a lovely sheen but if you want to keep it Matt the Matt's th e one to go for. Comma equivalent gets autoworkers best buy too. For the Featherstone am sure that would do. I've also used those handwipes for removing oil. Really work well. Cheap too.

Reactions: MINIgirl

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Brilliant, ill bet half the stuff we pay a fortune for for car cleaning has its basis in other products. Or maybe not. ?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
you're going to laugh but hair conditioner - TINY blob on kitchen roll gets rid of those scuff marks on the hard plastic trim.
Brilliant, ill bet half the stuff we pay a fortune for for car cleaning has its basis in other products. Or maybe not. ?
Brilliant, yes, but I advise caution and testing on an inconspicuous spot first. Especially with a new interior design, we want to make sure that our Goop Of Choice won't do something amusing like dissolve the plastic.

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Quite right uke,got to be careful. Did that with my industrial handwipess on my r56. Not had to use them on jasper yet!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use Poorboys natural look trim dressing.

Did my new car at 2 months old as I thought the trim looked dull!
This stuff is great, just rub it on with a microfibre cloth, all over plastic trim, dashboard etc.
Then use another cloth to just wipe the excess off afterwards.

Cleans up piano black trim a treat.
Smells nice too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts