Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been debating whether to purchase the clear invisishield for my new mini or go with a clear plastidip instead. The dealer charges $995 installed for clear invisishield. I can probably get the kit from eBay around $300 and install it myself. Ive installed clear invisishield on my previous vehicle took me about 2 hours to do it. It came out ok.

But reading on other forums on clear plasti-dip its the way to go. Cost effective and you can cover all the edges and put as much as you want. Easily removal as well.

What are your guys thought? Has anyone used clear plasti-dip as a replacement for a clear invisishield.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Plastidip can be matt, gloss, or theres a newish "topcoat" that they are proud of, not sure but it might be something in between. I have used some glossifier, and be warned that it might look gloss, but it feels rubbery and sticky, not slick and smooth like a nice waxed paint.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plastidip can be matt, gloss, or theres a newish "topcoat" that they are proud of, not sure but it might be something in between. I have used some glossifier, and be warned that it might look gloss, but it feels rubbery and sticky, not slick and smooth like a nice waxed paint.
Im ok with that. Im wondering if I put the topcoat over the bonnet strips, when i remove the topcoat, Will it ruin the strips?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.