Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I bought and installed a unit a few days after getting my F54 in March. As I had a Galaxy S6 I went for the 'Snap-In Adaptor Universal' which is a BMW part number 84 21 2 356 783. This has a micro USB conector and should fit most Micro USB phones as you have to connect a cable to the phone. It is not as convenient as a full plug in though I actually find this better as you can plug the phone in and the cable is long enough that you can still operate the phone out of the cradle if you want.

Last week the S6 decided it had had enough and I have just replaced it with an iPhone 6. Purchased a micro USB to Apple lightning adaptor for a few quid and now the new phone works perfectly with all the Mini Connect and JourneyMate functions working perfectly. The phone still sits in the holder perfectly.

I must say as an aside the features avilable via the iPhone are much better than with the Android unit - I find the TrafficRadar particulaly good.

Hope that helps

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John,

Thanks for your comment.

I also bought the base cradle with the 'Snap-In Adaptor Universal' for iPhone 6 and asked MINI service center for installation.
But according to them, the previous base cradle doesn't fit in F54 and a new cradle will be soon launched.
(BTW, I live in S.Korea.)

Well, I'll have to install it myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Eddy

Obviously can not speak to what has been fitted to a Korean market car but the cradle as detailed above fits and works fine in my car.

FWIW I was told by two Mini dealers that this cradle would not work and another two said it would! I eventually paid a bit more and bought it from my supplying dealer who said it would fit with the presumption that it would be easier to take it back if it did not! The fitting was simple literally a 10 second job to fit into the pre wired holder in the car.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.