Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title pretty much says it. I've noticed when I reverse and turn the wheel there is a loud clicking noise. Put the car in gear and turn the wheel back straight and there's the same clicking noise. Once the car is going forward I don't hear it again.

Just me?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess it was just me. Anyway, took the car in to the dealer and he said there was a service bulletin about it. Something about a bolt and or screw that can come loose and needs to be tightened up to a specific torque. We'll see if that lasts.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
An old thread this but just adding my two-penneth ......

My steering wheel as a lot of play in it. Turning small movements (i.e. jiggling) it L-R and something is cluncking and if you hold the wheel it rocks back and forth (albeit slightly)

Took it to the dealer yesterday, it has to go back in next week as on the quick inspection they can't see anthing obvious - i.e. the wheel is tight and the spindle isn't obviously damaged.

Booked in again for a day or two at the end of next week to get 'stripped'. They agree there's an obvious (warranty) issue there but just haven't found it (while I waited).

Weeks ago, I thought it might be something like a TRE but now that it's obviously steering wheel rather than suspension, I'm guessing potential steering rack issues.

Two months left of the 3 year warranty - thank Christ I battled for a 4th year extended.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts