Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

got a Cooper D with Climate control and I am slowly being cooked in the car!

In the morning commute it's not a problem as there is no sun but on my drive home from work it is a problem as the car just gets hotter and hotter , I am turning the temperature setting down gradually as the trip goes on . When I set off its usually temp setting is 22 deg C by the time I am home ( 1hr 20mins later) it is usually down to 17 or 18 deg C.

Surely this is not right , any previous car I have had with climate control will automatically compensate for temperature and give more cooling when needed.

I reckon the sun sensor is either faulty or covered I don't know where it is though ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse me because my reply may sound stupid but did you pressed the AC buton next to the climate control swich? Set it to 20 degrees C for example and it will adjust itself in order to keep it at this temperature all the way to your home but you need to press the AC button for this to work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I didn't mention it so it is a fair question but yes the AC is on , I know the AC works really well because it cools the car down very rapidly the heat build up is very gradual , I only notice that I am getting too warm after 30mins or so, it's like the car can't tell that it is slowly getting hotter which is why I am thinking it is a faulty sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts