Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the start time setting in the climate settings does ?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It activates the fans (not the AC) at a set time to pre-cool your car. It is an awesome feature if you live in a warmer climate. I believe Visual Boost is required as I haven't seen a way to do it on the standard radio.

Go to SETTINGS, CLIMATE to set your timers or there is also an option to manually run the fans for a few minutes with the car off if you're going to run a quick errand somewhere on a hot day.

Once set, the timer will run the fans for 30 minutes once, then it resets and you have to set it again so it doesn't always turn on when you don't want it to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The climate timer is indeed awesome in the hot Houston summer. At my old office building, the only parking was uncovered. With a black roof and interior, the car would be an oven if I didn't pre-cool it. I would set the climate timer to come on at quittin' time and so the car was warm but comfortable when I got in.

Good to know about the ability to run the fans for quick errands!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It also does it for heating so it's nice and warm on cold winter mornings. It draws its power from an auxiliary battery and heats to the last temp set/used on climate control.
Does it heat? I guess I've never tried, but the manual says it will only lower the temperature.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It also does it for heating so it's nice and warm on cold winter mornings. It draws its power from an auxiliary battery and heats to the last temp set/used on climate control.
So when is it activated ? Does work when i unlock the car for example or does work for the time i set after i get out of the car ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
It works from whatever time you set it to, you don't have to be anywhere near the car. If for some reason you then don't go to the car it will turn itself off after a certain time, which is something like 15-20 mins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.