Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I haven't seen the Cloth/ Leather Diamond Satellite Grey in person before. Am thinking about adding either that or the Cloth/ Leatherette.

Has anyone got any pictures so I can compare?

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer had a new "board" display of all the exterior/interior colors, seat fabrics and such set up when I visited today. It's much better than their old display unit. The cloth samples are so cozy feeling. I'm not much for leather, but that Satellite Grey looks and feels very nice. I don't personally like the "punch" versions.

After driving a leatherette interior for a few weeks I would strongly recommend you avoid that "fabric". It gets very hot and the back of my shirt dampens up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer had a new "board" display of all the exterior/interior colors, seat fabrics and such set up when I visited today. It's much better than their old display unit. The cloth samples are so cozy feeling. I'm not much for leather, but that Satellite Grey looks and feels very nice. I don't personally like the "punch" versions.

After driving a leatherette interior for a few weeks I would strongly recommend you avoid that "fabric". It gets very hot and the back of my shirt dampens up.
Thank you Leslie Hammond! I had to make a decision fast so went for the cloth/ leatherette. There was a car in the showroom which had it and it felt quite comfortable. The reason why I didn't go for the satellite grey leather was because the colour might fade after a while :/ but still really liked the look of them!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got the cloth leatherette and I absolutely love it. The moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. My dealer gave me a loan car with leather which was fine but I'm so happy I ordered the cloth. My mates car had the diamond satellite cloth but personally I think the leatherette looks classier (personal opinion mind you). My only concern is how will the cloth seats look 1 year from now.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the cloth leatherette and I absolutely love it. The moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. My dealer gave me a loan car with leather which was fine but I'm so happy I ordered the cloth. My mates car had the diamond satellite cloth but personally I think the leatherette looks classier (personal opinion mind you). My only concern is how will the cloth seats look 1 year from now.
Thank you littlebird. Both look really nice, but I thought the diamond satellite grey leather would not be that practical and would fade after a few years. Sat in a car with the cloth/ leatherette in the showroom and they were so comfy! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
The cloth/leatherette is really comfy, MB, especially if you happen to be wearing shorts. And it is also a better sound absorber than leather, which tends to reflect the sound off the smoother surface, so the cabin seems cosier.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cloth/leatherette is really comfy, MB, especially if you happen to be wearing shorts. And it is also a better sound absorber than leather, which tends to reflect the sound off the smoother surface, so the cabin seems cosier.
Sounds good, thank you QMark! Can't wait to have them :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had cloth leatherette in fevio and will be getting the same in junior

Only complaint is that if you wear sleeveless tops, the tweedy fabric can itch your shoulders :)

However it does look hard wearing!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had cloth leatherette in fevio and will be getting the same in junior

Only complaint is that if you wear sleeveless tops, the tweedy fabric can itch your shoulders :)

However it does look hard wearing!
Thanks profiteroles! They do look great...and comfy. The fact that they look good can compensate for the itchy shoulders haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.