Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought what I thought were Cosmos alloys from fleabay. Turns out they are actually clubman 10 spoke vent alloys. They are similar and quite nice but am annoyed I didn’t realise they were not Cosmos. They were only advertised as mini alloys. Anyway just wondered if anyone has ever fitted these to their f56 and whether to keep them or not? I do t mind selling them again on eBay but just a small hassle. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that f56 wheels fit fine on a clubman but nothing definitive the other way round. I guess the clearance within the wheel arch on a clubman could be deeper?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Check what the offset is. Usually it's in the casting on the back of one of the spokes. 17x7.5 will fit however an offset of 54 may sit too far inboard to clear the struts. You'd probably need to test fit one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m thinking I may have to do that. Was just wondering if anyone had fitted the clubman wheels previously though so I don’t have to buy unwanted tyres to check.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The widest I've seen fitted is 17x8 ET45 with 215/45 tyres and they cleared both the struts and the arches. If the clubman wheels are ET54, that would put them 9mm further into the wheel wells but you've got 12.54mm less rim to worry about overall. Based on that, I seriously doubt you'd have any issues. 205-235 wide tyres are ok on a 7.5" rim so you'd certainly be ok with 205 and probably ok with 215.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@kei-86 - thanks for the reply. That is the answer I was looking for and yes prob just go for the 205. Are their any other things I should look out for? Will it handle like a dog with these as not actual cooper wheels?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Offsets on all 3rd-gen MINI wheels are +54mm, I believe. Also, I think all of the 3rd-gen 17" wheels have a 7" width. So as long as the brakes clear, any of the current-gen MINI wheels should fit. In fact, there are several F55/56/57 wheels that are also offered on the F54, they just have slightly different tire sizes on the F54 (e.g., 205/55-16 on the F54 vs. 195/55-16 on the F55/56/57).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts