Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone: does any body have any idea how many hours of labour to replace a radiator, and Fan housing unit? The rad $615.00, anti freeze $37.60, Fan Housing with FA $1,523.25, and 2 gasket rings $35.04 total came to $2,210.89. The labour was 9.23 hours which amount to $1,493.95. This was done at the dealer.

Does it really take 9.23 hours to replace these parts, can I have anybody input? That is a whole day's work to replace the radiator. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The local mechanic charged $300.00 for the module and I was told I needed it for my car. He had to have someone to come in the shop for this. I was told the person pays BMW for this programme yearly. I went to the second mechanic that I like. He told me the truth he can fix it no problem but he does not have the module to complete the job. I got rid of my Volvo S70 twenty years old hardly any problem. Was sill running. I love my Mini it only has 36 thousand Km on it . The engine light came on hence all this problem. I hope it is the last of it. I am talking to the dealer advisor how this job caused nine hours time, so far answer is not satisfying. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts