Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

What real world mpg are you UK owners getting out of the clubman cooper s? Does the extra size/weight hurt the figures of the standard cooper s hatchback?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
A single number is impossible...
It depends...

During the week in job-home trip...(a bit of town, a bit of freeway) 16/15 km/l (Normal or Green, is absolutely the same)
During the weekend...from 15 to 12 km/l depending on the trip kind...(highway---> 125/130 km/h 14 km/l)...Normal mode (Sport...only if windows are open!).
If you run on a mountain road...>:D

PS: about 10000 km done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well - over the last 8000 miles I've averaged 41.3mpg on my dash computer, which I've been amazed by. (This is a UK manual Cooper S). I drive quite enthusiastically, so overtaking at every opportunity and most days I end up travelling at big speeds because its such great fun to drive. Before I bought it, I anticipated I'd probably get an average 34mpg, so am well pleased. I don't use the brakes much for corners or roundabouts, so probably save a bit of energy that way, but maybe the aerodynamic tricks on the Clubman are actually quite effective?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.