Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the side scuttle insert on their Clubman? If so how do you do it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the wife went to pick them up while I was at work and asked the guy real quick if it was like the scuttles on the F55/56. The parts guy grabbed a Tech who offered to do it for her at no charge since he was not doing anything. He said it is the same on the F54 as the F55/56. I guess I will be sending my wife to pick up all the parts from now on in hopes of parts being installed for free.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Its a 10 minute job. Go under the bonnet and take the plastic cover off that has three threaded plastic screws securing it. unclip the side indicator unit from the car and take the bulb holder out. The side scuttle insert can be slid off and replaced in my case with black jack repalacement.
The new side scuttle units are expensive for what they are...... a piece of plastic, but do give the car a lift and the old standard ones do look very cheap and nasty in comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
If it's like the F56 all you do is hook your fingers under the bottom of the scuttle and lift up. This depresses a spring clip on the top of the scuttle and will allow you to pull out on the bottom. You just need to be careful and not drop the lamp down into the fender when you unhook it. I watched the body man at my dealer do it once and I've changed a couple sets since. Very easy job.
Oops. I just checked the link in post #4 to the instructions by Oz. Just call me the department of redundancy department.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The F54 Clubman isnt like the F56 hatch, the side repeater unit is pushed back and the front or leading edge clips out. I don't think this can be done without removing the cover held in with 3 domed screws under the bonnet (hood) as per the handbook instructions for replacing a side indicator bulb.
Its a very easy job though and takes no more than 5 minutes a side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts