Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
My first Mini, a new Cooper in 2019, was like this. I found it disconcerting at first as I had to have my foot hard to the floor to fully disengage the clutch. I had never come across this before in any car I had driven so thought something was wrong. I mentioned this to the service department who checked it and declared it was perfectly OK. I got used to it and as the car was under warranty decided not to worry about it. My partners Cooper is similar but my new S is slightly more ‘normal’ but I would still prefer a more orthodox clutch pedal travel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve had 3 Cooper S models. The 2004 and 2011 models had very low bite points, very close to the floor. My 2021 has a more traditional bite point. I’ve had the car for over a year and I’m still re-learning how to drive my new Mini. I preferred the low bite point honestly. Probably because I drove 15 years with that super low bite point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts