Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning, I'm new to this, could you explain what I need to be able to code that?

Only the OBD is necessary, (in my case Vgate BLE pro 4.0 ...) and have the BimmerCode iOS app?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an F56 Cooper S, and the other day when I was driving my mum's F56 JCW I realised the ASD made a different, more sporty growl. This was particularly apparent in the upper rev-range. So, I got the laptop out and had a look in the ASD CAFD. I played around with a few settings, mainly the Power Class, to no avail. Some made no difference. Some made a slight difference, but nothing special. Others made the ASD stop completely, leaving the car devoid of interior sound (even though I am running a stock JCW exhaust on the CS).

Then I decided to compare the settings on the Cooper S with the stock JCW settings. There were only two differences; Model range was set to "F056 with B48" on the JCW instead of the "F056" on the Cooper S, and Power Class was set to "OL" on the JCW instead of the "ML" on the Cooper S.

I then coded these on the Cooper S, and what a difference! Originally the sound was louder in the midrange and became quieter at higher revs. Now the noise builds with the revs, which makes revving the car much more pleasurable, and makes you feel like you're going even faster.

I know a lot of people have a downer on the ASD, but having already put the louder JCW exhaust on the car, resulting in a lot of pissed off looks from bystanders, I didn't want to make the actual exhaust any louder. The JCW ASD setting makes driving more fun without irritating people outside. What's more, by putting it in MID or GREEN it turns it down/off for long cruises.

P.S. Don't touch "Audio Level", that's there for switching dependant on your audio setup e.g. Harman Kardon vs normal stereo vs aftermarket.

I'll attach a picture of the JCW ASD in case someone wants to make the change and they're in any doubt about what to do
Has anyone has
I have an F56 Cooper S, and the other day when I was driving my mum's F56 JCW I realised the ASD made a different, more sporty growl. This was particularly apparent in the upper rev-range. So, I got the laptop out and had a look in the ASD CAFD. I played around with a few settings, mainly the Power Class, to no avail. Some made no difference. Some made a slight difference, but nothing special. Others made the ASD stop completely, leaving the car devoid of interior sound (even though I am running a stock JCW exhaust on the CS).

Then I decided to compare the settings on the Cooper S with the stock JCW settings. There were only two differences; Model range was set to "F056 with B48" on the JCW instead of the "F056" on the Cooper S, and Power Class was set to "OL" on the JCW instead of the "ML" on the Cooper S.

I then coded these on the Cooper S, and what a difference! Originally the sound was louder in the midrange and became quieter at higher revs. Now the noise builds with the revs, which makes revving the car much more pleasurable, and makes you feel like you're going even faster.

I know a lot of people have a downer on the ASD, but having already put the louder JCW exhaust on the car, resulting in a lot of pissed off looks from bystanders, I didn't want to make the actual exhaust any louder. The JCW ASD setting makes driving more fun without irritating people outside. What's more, by putting it in MID or GREEN it turns it down/off for long cruises.

P.S. Don't touch "Audio Level", that's there for switching dependant on your audio setup e.g. Harman Kardon vs normal stereo vs aftermarket.

I'll attach a picture of the JCW ASD in case someone wants to make the change and they're in any doubt about what to do
Have anyone tried the ASD config 3004 SYSTEM_EINSTELLUGEN >> ls_diag_on? it shows four sounds in the F56 settings display but can't seem to select one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats, Lionman, on being the second person in the world (probably) to have made this modification.
Here's the third!
Coded today.
I coudn't tried it but I've heard that in mid range the sound is lower (I arrive only at 4.000 rpm). Now I've to test it at high rev, next time I'll find less traffic. ;)

Many thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good morning, I'm new to this, could you explain what I need to be able to code that?

Only the OBD is necessary, (in my case Vgate BLE pro 4.0 ...) and have the BimmerCode iOS app?

Thanks!!
Yes you should be able to do it with bimmercode and an appropriate OBD Bluetooth connector

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Has anyone has

Have anyone tried the ASD config 3004 SYSTEM_EINSTELLUGEN >> ls_diag_on? it shows four sounds in the F56 settings display but can't seem to select one.
I did try it and got the menu in the HU but could never select one either. Either there will be some other coding required, possibly in a different module, or the software simply isn’t on the car.

- Karl

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone with USA MINI Cooper S F55 version tried the coding outlined here? I think the engine on my car is B46 and I think it is practically the same as B48 but maybe slightly updated. Wonder under the "Model range and Engine" settings, what are the other options? Maybe I would need to select B46 instead of B48?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just tried this on my 2018 MCS US spec car and it seemed to make no difference, I even changed "engine" to B48a20 and it didn't seem to matter. Checked coding after I was done and all is as you suggested

Any clue?

Joe
Before you changed engine to B48a20, what was the original setting?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It is possible that the coding is different on US spec or newer cars. The easiest way to find out would be to ask someone with a US and new-ish JCW to show their ASD coding.

- Karl

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is possible that the coding is different on US spec or newer cars. The easiest way to find out would be to ask someone with a US and new-ish JCW to show their ASD coding.

- Karl
Hey Karl,
May I use your image of JCW sound settings on another forum?

I think here is the meaning of levels: ML, OL in ASD settings.

Performance classes
K = Lowest
U = Lower
M = Middle
O = Upper
T = Top
S = Super

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey Karl,
May I use your image of JCW sound settings on another forum?

I think here is the meaning of levels: ML, OL in ASD settings.

Performance classes
Yeah that’s fine by me.

Certainly makes sense re power class designations

- Karl

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah that’s fine by me.

Certainly makes sense re power class designations

- Karl
Hey Karl!
1) Any changes to the construction stage or what was it on your vehicle?
2) One guy was able to acquire 2019 US JCW settings via bimmercode.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Before you changed engine to B48a20, what was the original setting?
I believe it was just “B48”, can’t remember exactly though.

Hey Karl!
1) Any changes to the construction stage or what was it on your vehicle?
Mine was 11/16, I left it the same.

The Audio level parameter differentiates between Harman Kardon and the base stereo, since they are amped differently. I left that the same on mine as well, since I don’t have the HK system.

Changing the competition packet and gear shift sounds either made no difference or turned the ASD off.

- Karl

21 - 34 of 34 Posts