Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
MINI F56 JCW 20' - REBEL GREEN - 320HP/435NM - MGFLASHER
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

After my missfortune with EIBACH spring, it is time for me to go with coilovers.

I did some research, and a lot of you recommended ST coilovers. However, my car being an EDC / VDC version, ST is not providing any solution for that type of suspension.

Can anyone of you confirm that the only difference between EDC and non-EDC cars is the rear top mounts?
I can code the EDC that's not an issue, I'm just wondering what is the physical difference between the 2 versions.

ST is by far the most suitable option for me in terms of price and properties. Currently looking at ST XA.

If you guys have any other suggestions, please let me know.

·
Registered
2015 JCW F56 Hatch
22 Posts
I had the same decisions when going for my KW V3 coilovers. I was worried about loosing the EDC. However now with the KW handling as well as a better all round ride on even local roads, I can not think of any reason why I would need to change settings. The KW's do allow a great deal of ride height adjustment as well as dampening and rebound adjustment. These adjustments would only be for tracking in my mind which mean using a specific tool in each corner for adjustment. For the 98% of the driving time, I would never wish I have the automatic feature. Ditch the EDC and your options really do open up in my view with incredible changes to your little beast. I drove a friends Mini this week with the EDC and confirmed everything I mention above...

·
Registered
MINI F56 JCW 20' - REBEL GREEN - 320HP/435NM - MGFLASHER
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same decisions when going for my KW V3 coilovers. I was worried about loosing the EDC. However now with the KW handling as well as a better all round ride on even local roads, I can not think of any reason why I would need to change settings. The KW's do allow a great deal of ride height adjustment as well as dampening and rebound adjustment. These adjustments would only be for tracking in my mind which mean using a specific tool in each corner for adjustment. For the 98% of the driving time, I would never wish I have the automatic feature. Ditch the EDC and your options really do open up in my view with incredible changes to your little beast. I drove a friends Mini this week with the EDC and confirmed everything I mention above...
Thanks for your feedback - I'm indeed looking to get rid of the EDC, and most probably going with XT STA coilovers, as my fellow JCW from France is running the same setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts