Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick Q for those running coilovers. I am wondering whether with the JCW pro kit whether shorter end links are required. I adjusted them the other day and the fronts have approx 10mm of threads left. The rears I raised so the gap on the adjuster is around 10mm.

When I had my previous R53, the shorter droplinks meant i could take the preload out of the bar so it worked a lot better. the car ended up like the proverbial magic carpet in a straight line but a cornering weapon in the twisties.

i dont know as the jcw pro kit is designed for the car whether these items would be necessary. any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It usually depends how low you go at the rear and what negative camber you end up with.

My car was lowered around 35mm and I dont have adjustable links as the negative camber is not too extreme but if I lowered it more I would have considered getting them.

I have seen some more lowered cars than mine which to my eyes needed adjustable links.

I read that the jcw pro suspension doesnt go as low as KW ones (who make the JCW ones to Mini specs) so you shouldnt have a problem especially if not at their lowest setting.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.