Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you decide on color? I am ready to trade in my 2008 pepper white w/black roof, but have been agonizing over a color decision for oh, 2 weeks now. (I have trouble making choices in general but this one is more of a commitment than ice cream flavors :) ) The salesman says he won't let me leave next time without a car, I've been there enough times...

Did anyone pick a color they did not expect to (say, VO?) or did you just know from the start? Last week I was dead set on Electric Blue w/white, but backed off of that. Now I am down to either the BRG w/white, midnight black w/white, but have not ruled out VO w/black. That is today's thinking, mind you. My last 3 cars prior to my '08 MC were different greens; the Mini was bought on a drive by, parked on a street and perfect for what I was looking for at the time, so no color choice decision was necessary. BUt now I need some help! :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
How did you decide on color? I am ready to trade in my 2008 pepper white w/black roof, but have been agonizing over a color decision for oh, 2 weeks now. (I have trouble making choices in general but this one is more of a commitment than ice cream flavors :) ) The salesman says he won't let me leave next time without a car, I've been there enough times...

Did anyone pick a color they did not expect to (say, VO?) or did you just know from the start? Last week I was dead set on Electric Blue w/white, but backed off of that. Now I am down to either the BRG w/white, midnight black w/white, but have not ruled out VO w/black. That is today's thinking, mind you. My last 3 cars prior to my '08 MC were different greens; the Mini was bought on a drive by, parked on a street and perfect for what I was looking for at the time, so no color choice decision was necessary. BUt now I need some help! :confused: :rolleyes:
VO. Duh. :)

But seriously, I like the color. It was an easy choice for a non-premium color.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Agreed, it is not easy. I am not a big fan of the white roof so would either go for a solid color. Red with black roof or all black are my favourites.
VO is popular at the moment but will it be around in a few years time?

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Sacrilege kenl, how very dare you��

Seriously though my wife loved it the instant she saw it .I wasn't sure. When I ordered I didn't want black as hers is black, had just had a laser blue mini, so didn't want blue, didn't want pay extra for paint either really so white or vo. Had had a white car for 17 years so sick of white, hence vo. I'm not keen on the blazing red, but had the chilli red been available it would've had a hard decision!

Reactions: kenl

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was set on blue with white roof,but i ordered a VO with black roof,black stripes. No cost colour and to be honest seeing one in the flesh convinced me 100% along with the partner that it was the right choice.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
There were only two choices for me from the start, VO or BRG (Im a bit of a traditionalist)

Fortunately the decision was easy as for The Commander in Chief (Wife) there was only one choice.

Hello BRG :)
Funny opposite for me: she wouldn't let me have any thing other than volcanic orange. Mind she's a wolves fan!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I always thought if I got a Mini it would be BRG. To me, that's the classic Mini (and British) look. Was shocked when I first went to a showroom to learn they wanted $500 extra for it! WTF?! If any color should come standard, BRG is it. It's even got "British" in its name. This was my first clue as to price gouging on options.

I then noticed all the ads, print and TV, featured VOs. So I started warming up to the idea of an orange car. And the fact that this color shouts "look at me, I'm the latest and greatest generation of Minis." Yeah, I know, that feeling won't last long but it's another rationale. So no regrets, getting lots of positive reactions, and the color sure gives the car lots of personality. That said, I'm still secretly harboring thoughts that my 4th gen Mini will be BRG!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always thought if I got a Mini it would be BRG. To me, that's the classic Mini (and British) look. Was shocked when I first went to a showroom to learn they wanted $500 extra for it! WTF?! If any color should come standard, BRG is it. It's even got "British" in its name. This was my first clue as to price gouging on options.

I then noticed all the ads, print and TV, featured VOs. So I started warming up to the idea of an orange car. And the fact that this color shouts "look at me, I'm the latest and greatest generation of Minis." Yeah, I know, that feeling won't last long but it's another rationale. So no regrets, getting lots of positive reactions, and the color sure gives the car lots of personality. That said, I'm still secretly harboring thoughts that my 4th gen Mini will be BRG!
Trouble is the BRG on the Mini is metallic and Originally BRG on old english cars was a Solid Colour. Cars are a expensive so pick the colour your happiest to live with, my fiesta has one free option Race Red, £250 for white!, £500 for blue and black and £725 for the molten orange, i went blue but was tempted by orange and if id wanted it that bad i would have gone for it

·
Registered
844 Posts
The additional cost for metallic paint is so annoying. No doubt it will Cost next to no extra for manufacturers for metallic paint. It will certainly not cost hundreds extra.

These colours will not get you any extra (OK maybe a few pounds) when you trade it in. A badly chosen colour may well hit your trade in though. Thankfully the f56 does not have any colours that look like money losers.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
I agree it seems to look good in all colour kenl.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wanted a color that would sell good afterwards. Had some trouble selling my previous Electric Blue R53... Apparently not everyone is fond of this color.
My last Mini was a white silver R56 and was sold really quick !
So because I already had Electric Blue and White Silver, these colors were eliminated for my new F56.
Didn't want a black car either, because my boyfriend has one, and to be honest, black is beautiful from a distance and when totally clean. Scratches are a lot easier to see on it as well...

And then in our showroom, there was a Moonwalk Grey MCS, and I immediately loved it ! Color tends to take on different shades of grey in different lights, so I think this color has something "mysterious". With the right accessories (black roof and mirrors, black stripes and black rings around the lights) it never gets boring and looks really bad-ass !
No regrets about this color !

I think the easiest way to pick a color is to eliminate...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My previous Mini's were Electric Blue (R53) and Silver White (R56), so I didn't want any of these colors for my new F56. Also Electric Blue was a difficult color to sell afterwards, apparently not everyone is fond of this bright blue...
Neither wanted a "fashion color", such as VO. I think I would get sick of it really quick.
Neither wanted a black car, because my boyfriend has one, and I think it only is beautiful from a distance and when totally clean. Scratches from washing and cleaning are also very easy to see on a black car.

And then there was a Moonwalk Grey MCS in the showroom and I loved it right away. This color tends to take on different shades of grey in different lights, which makes it very "mysterious".
Also, with the right accessories (black roof and mirror caps, black bonnet stripes and black rings around the lights) it looks very bad-ass !
It's a new color so that's a bonus as well !

I think the "easiest" way to pick a color is to eliminate…

·
Registered
245 Posts
All my Minis are, have been and alway will be red. Admittedly this is only my second Mini :). I am committed to the color for the traditional Monte Carlo Rally livery appearance. The only red offered in Canada is Blazing Red.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have ordered Moonwalk Grey with black roof & mirrors and bonnet stripes for my 5 door Cooper SD. Went for the Roulette wheels as well but was tempted by the black Cosmos'.

My eldest has christened the colour Shark Grey which I quite like... Think I will be calling my car Brody perhaps ��

·
Registered
288 Posts
Funny opposite for me: she wouldn't let me have any thing other than volcanic orange. Mind she's a wolves fan!
Mine hates football,rugby,cricket,boxing,all the sports exept showjumping she loves that. And i have to put up with it when its on,yet do i complain,nah i just sit there going i'm bored bored bored bored bored bored bored lol she gets the message but carrys on regardless watching that rubbish

1 - 20 of 30 Posts