Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the JCW rear wing (spoiler) and needs to be painted to match the black roof. Can someone confirm the color?
Dealer said it is Midnight Black (A94). Old mini used to be Jet Black (668)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
844 Posts
Is your car midnight black?

If not the roof is a solid black.

Not sure about the code but the dealer will be able to let you knowfor sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your car midnight black?

If not the roof is a solid black.

Not sure about the code but the dealer will be able to let you knowfor sure.
Car is blazing red with black roof. Dealer claims the black roof is midnight black.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Pretty sure the dealer is wrong unlessF56 is different from all other Minis. The black contrast roof is a solid black, not metallic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the car was Midnight Black, the roof also MUST be midnight black or white. You can't have the "black" roof option on a midnight black car because the two blacks are slightly different.

Kenl is right in the sense that the metallic paint isn't there in the roof. Which is why they force the body color roof when it's a midnight black car.

The code for the black roof is 383. Although I'm not sure if that will help you in your color/paint search.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Interestingly, at the factory they paint the whole car in the body colour then it goes through an additional paint process "if" the car is getting a contrast roof.

You can't get all colours with either solid white or black roof.

For example, you can only get pepper white with a body coloured roof or black roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys, Midnight black is definitely not the right color. 668 seems to be used in the last generation. I'll report to you once it gets painted. It might help someone in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I saw your topic about the black roof. I have a red Clubman with a black non metallic roof. Then the code for the black paint is jet black 668?

Thank you for the information!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts