Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
This is very underhand by MINI.

They most likely say there is a small car price increase but load all the add on extras as well so the overall increase is far more!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Pepper and VO is still 0 Dollars and the rest of the colors is still $ 500.00 and LBlue is still 1K. Will be interesting to see if we will see a chance too.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I wonder if it has anything to do with popular colors? Seems somewhat logical to charge a bit more for colors that are not as much in demand, but it may still be metallic colors cost more than solid ones. I guess it makes little sense to try a "logical" analysis!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Unless it's a special paint order I think the whole selection of standard paint colours should be included in the cars price!

The reason thunder grey is 'free' is because it's only primer ;-)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Unless it's a special paint order I think the whole selection of standard paint colours should be included in the cars price!

The reason thunder grey is 'free' is because it's only primer ;-)
It's Moonwalk Grey that is "Free" :)

Seems odd that the only free colour now is metallic rather than a solid colour.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
It's even worse, if that's possible....

The increase is - Hatch £470 - Clubman £515 - Countryman £550..:eek:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The price of the car hasn't gone up, it just picking up pepper white which is now £475 more. If you change to moonwalk grey the price of the car hasn't gone up
It has gone up if you wanted Pepper White or Volcanic Orange. Maybe the Moonwalk Grey has gone down as not as popular where as Pepper White is the most popular price so a big increase in the coffers of MINI..

·
Registered
494 Posts
What a joke! Moonwalk grey will be next!
Prices are creeping up here in Canada.

My Moonwalk Grey went from. C$295. to C$590.

F56 Base Price went up C$1000. '2015' to '2017' model

LED lights increase, up +$150 to C$1150..... LEDs should be Standard equipment, without them, the car looks old.

·
Registered
494 Posts
R56 to F56
FYI.....The Launch price, at least here in Canada was C$5000 cheaper for the all new F56, Launch price started at C$20,990 to promote and move as many cars as they could on the road at this intro price. Now that a deal. Especially with features and options that are no longer 'Standard' equip for that old price.

The price now for a '2017' is staring at C$21,990. Now that they have accomplished with a lot of cars on the road, they are moving the price up slowly to that old number with fewer options included.

Everything is alacarte. No longer a cheap priced car. That is why I call it a 'mini bmw'

Mini in size compared to a bmw, but now with a BMW price attached to it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts