Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that seems to annoy is how the Comfort Access button works on the door handle.
If you set access to Unlock Both Doors, but then only you (the driver) gets in and out of the car, the button will UNlock the passenger door. Then you need to wait 3 seconds and press again to lock them both.

My solution; press the UNlock button on the inside as you get out. This will unlock both doors, and when you press the button on the outside handle it will lock them both - no waiting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My solution; press the UNlock button on the inside as you get out. This will unlock both doors, and when you press the button on the outside handle it will lock them both - no waiting.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. That has been driving me crazy. When I get out of the car and press the button to lock it and I can see that it is trying to unlock the already unlocked car. Then I have to wait a while for the button to work as a lock.

BMW does Comfort Access so much better. You just grab the handle and it unlocks the car. When you get out, you touch a spot on the top of the handle and it locks the car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My setting is on comfort, and when i stop the car unlocks, I then get out and press the button on thehandle and it locks both doors and the boot? Cant say I have ever had it do what you two have experienced :)
It seems that by default, CA only unlocks the driver door, so this issue isnt apparent. It is when you set it to unlock both doors that it gets tricky.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also don't have an unlock on stop option under Settings - Doors/Doors Keys.

The system apparently cannot determine if the door is currently locked or unlocked. Seems like that would be an easy software fix. When I press the button after exiting the car, It does try to unlock it instead of locking it. I can hear the lock mechanism and see the lock post move through the window.

Starlily's solution works, if you press the unlock button before exiting the car, the button will lock it on the first push.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ok I had a quick check of mine but have not drove it today, my lock setting is comfort, and I have all the options ticked e.g lock after drive, relock etc.

Comfort setting for me unlocks both the drivers and passenger door.

Can you try that setting ? Ill reply again tomorrow once I confirm mine unlocks after I stop etc

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK car is on comfort setting, when I stop the car (press the start/stop button) both doors unlock (drivers/passengers). I then get out the car and press the button on the handle once to lock both. Likewise, If I press the button on the door when the cars locked, both doors open and consequently close after a re-press.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK car is on comfort setting, when I stop the car (press the start/stop button) both doors unlock (drivers/passengers). I then get out the car and press the button on the handle once to lock both. Likewise, If I press the button on the door when the cars locked, both doors open and consequently close after a re-press.
Mine does not unlock on stop, and there does not appear to be a setting for it. I will ask the dealer today as I have an appointment to replace the door handle, as this is the fix for the silly plastic key cap coming off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, I'm going to mess with the settings on mine today. This whole door lock/unlock thing is driving me nuts.
On my R56 you can set it to unlock all doors whenever you turn off the car, wish I could do this on the F56.

Annette

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shouldnt you change your signature now? ;)
You are right! I was going to detail Witchiepoo this weekend and get some pics and change my sig and avatar all at once.
Now we are supposed to get rain so I guess I will have to wait on the avatar.

Annette

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think thats what comfort does ;)
Ok I knew this didn't sound familiar. I don't see this option anywhere. Is it not on US models maybe?

Annette

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.