Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Maybe wondering the reason for my weird title. We got this mini exactly one year ago for my wife, 6spd, taught her once and she wouldn't go any other way now, works for me in case I feel the need to trade lol. I had my Scion FR-S heavily nodded then. Traded that car in for a brand new GTI and even though the car is great I always wanted a mini. The handling, responsiveness down low of the engine comes in really handy in city driving.

The GTI lacked a little of throttle responsiveness, or maybe the bigger boost up top ended up hurting the low end torque and the gearing is too tall. I found myself riding on 5th at times in 4th on the highways to pass. Long story short I traded my wife, got the mini and gave her the GTI lol. This of course after her approval, since the GTI has the new Apple CarPlay stereo, heated seats and a few other things she liked.

I'm exceptionally happy with my mini and would like to give it a light drop and maybe some wheels but at its due time. Hello to all and see you around.

Don't have many pics but here's one after a little detail and another random I took.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't mean to laugh but that's pretty funny. Didn't get it right off but I see. As I told her it was for her own good lol, newer car, 2 extra doors blah blah. She loved her mini though, fun car. Coincidently the toureq is one of her fav cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I bought my MCS it came down to the Mini and a GTI. Even with all the rave reviews on the GTI I just found the Mini to be a much more engaging, and enjoyable, car to drive. Have fun with your "new ride."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to completely agree. Even now when I have to drive the GTI, mind you it has very nice torque and top end power but the drive experience is a bit dull unless you're stepping on that gas most of the time. The turn-in on the mcs is incomparable, everything is more engaged as you described. Another thing you can't completely remove the stability control on the GTI, I don't normally bother to turn it off in the mcs but it's good to know you can if you want to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.