Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my fully loaded 2017 Clubman All4. As of December 2016 Clubman All4s ship with the 8.8 touch screen and wireless charging. A buddy told me that my car probably has the touch screen and just needs a software update to activate it. Any chance this is true, or that there will be a retro fit. Kinda bummed that I missed out on the touch screen by two weeks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
In Italy there is talk that the touch screen will be mounted in the F60 versions marketed immediately, while the F54 the date of manufacture is mandatory from November 2016 onwards, check here: http://bimmer.work/

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Ours is a 2016 build-no touch screen wouldn't use it-the idrive controller is superb and nasty fingers on the screen would annoy me immensely-honestly i dirve controller and buttons is totally intuitive and i drove a renault with touch screen-grrrr! No ta!

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Im the opposite, i have had touch screens before on cars and find them easier to use. I still at times touch the mini screen and wondering why im not getting anywhere, then realise that it isnt so then need to wipe my smudge of the screen. The idrive is very good though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also prefer the idrive. Although the knob is one more thing prone to break down, it's easier to use (and no fingerprints!). My dealer said that retrofitting would be hard. Especially because the user interface is also different from the older ones. Different software versions too.

I would like wireless charging though...

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
My new Clubby JCW has the touch screen. Don't get it until Saturday, but the one ide I like is being able to zoom to a point on the screen, then touch it and tell it to navigate there.

Really handy if you know your way some of the way, or you want to go via a particular route.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Having played with the new nav (and being against touchscreens), I found it very nice to use. You can easily use the controller or all touch or use both, but it works well either way. I did find myself touching the screen more and more though. It's laid out completely different than the (now) older nav so re-learning will be required, but I thought it was a great upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.