Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats brilliant thank you, how do you connect the new wiring into the BDC? I have ordered an 8 way connector as thats what is on the back of the screen, but perhaps that was the wrong way to do it BMW VW Wiring Cable Plug Terminal Connector 8 Pole 6954526 61136954526 6954522 7625715724060 | eBay

So you have taken a 4 pin from the heater control panel to 4 pins on the audio control panel and then the original 4 pin from the heater control panel then goes into the back of the audio control panel?

I feel like my brain is on fire!
In the bdc you have to arrive with the single cables. Connector are already here. You have to fill the empty holes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok will get those pins, do you have a handy link to the correct size ones?

Ah so I basically make an extension that plug into the existing 4 pin. The extension then has the 8 way in the middle. That makes sense.

BDC connectors I guess you just push in the pins in the correct plugs.

In theory with all that wired in correctly its then a case of coding it... thats the bit I really dont get!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok will get those pins, do you have a handy link to the correct size ones?

Ah so I basically make an extension that plug into the existing 4 pin. The extension then has the 8 way in the middle. That makes sense.

BDC connectors I guess you just push in the pins in the correct plugs.

In theory with all that wired in correctly its then a case of coding it... thats the bit I really dont get!
I don’t have link but I’ve the OEM code 61131383776

The 8 pin is like a bridge between audio control panel and air condition control panel

When you have finished all the wirings in correct way you can think about coding it’s useless without a correct hw connection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So today I have complied all the wiring diagrams and think I have a proper plan. 2kyl1n3 has helped with all of this so credit to him mainly.

Ordered the correct pins to insert into the quadlock, BCM, controller and audio control panel so should have all the hardware, I have also ordered 100m of 0.2mm cable aswell as some cloth tape to make it a nice loom.

Once all this has been installed (I will take pics) then next will be coding...the next big battle to learn!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, luckily I found your post and it is what I'm doing the same thing.

but now I stuck with the audio control panel (8 pins). thank you for the solution here.

Have you finished this retrofit? Can I see the wiring pictures?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts