Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've got convenience opening working from the key fob. I'm good - although do I have to continue holding down the button or is there something like a double click to open fully automatically?

On the close side of things, does it work from the key fob, or strictly only from the door?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Press and hold. Double click isn't a thing.

The factory coding is set for only opening. You have to code via ESYS to configure to use the key fob for press-n-hold window closing. All this is pretty much identical to the VAG cars.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You have to code via ESYS to configure to use the key fob for press-n-hold window closing.
My new JCW closes windows and sunroof by pressing and holding the lock button on the key fob from factory without coding.

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Press and hold. Double click isn't a thing.

The factory coding is set for only opening. You have to code via ESYS to configure to use the key fob for press-n-hold window closing. All this is pretty much identical to the VAG cars.
Double clicking unlock when 'Comfort' has been set on the door settings in the Media system makes the windows roll down to 3/4 when you open the door to make it easier to get in and out of in tight spaces.

To roll the windows down and subsequently open the sunroof, you have to hold the unlock key until all have completed their opening sequence.

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
You can code the things like windows & sunroof closing on a single touch. I want to add this to my JCW, as well as single touch mirror fold.

I know it may sound strange, but I actually look back at the car, and if the mirrors are folded in, I know it's locked. I just want to be able to do it on a single press of the lock or comfort button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can code the things like windows & sunroof closing on a single touch. I want to add this to my JCW, as well as single touch mirror fold.

I know it may sound strange, but I actually look back at the car, and if the mirrors are folded in, I know it's locked. I just want to be able to do it on a single press of the lock or comfort button.
Is it really possible to make it close the windows with a single touch on the lock button on the remote?

Mine closes the windows while holding the lock button on the remote, it came from factory like this (2017 build). But I have to remember to keep holding the lock button, which I often forget to do.

I'd love for it to close the windows automatically on a single touch on the lock button on the remote. Can it really be done with programming via OBD? Or do the programmable parameters refer only to the possibility of closing the windows while holding the button?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I was forever activating the convenience opening thing on my S, but I can't say I've done it on the JCW in the time I have had it. Maybe this fob isn't as sensitive....

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Is it really possible to make it close the windows with a single touch on the lock button on the remote?

Mine closes the windows while holding the lock button on the remote, it came from factory like this (2017 build). But I have to remember to keep holding the lock button, which I often forget to do.

I'd love for it to close the windows automatically on a single touch on the lock button on the remote. Can it really be done with programming via OBD? Or do the programmable parameters refer only to the possibility of closing the windows while holding the button?
Yes, sort of. It can be programmed so that you only hold the button for 1 second, rather than holding it in until the windows/sunroof have closed.

I still haven't got it sorted yet though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts