Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my Model S* 2 years ago, moved back to Europe and bought a MINI Cooper. Electric to Petrol!

In a MINI showroom yesterday and two models caught my eye. A stunning coloured Mini Cooper / John Cooper works for 38K
And a MINI E for 28K.
Is the electric vehicle's range enough for the UK?
Are there supercharger equivalents to the Tesla for us?

I am temporarily (1 year) renting so I would need public charging. PITA?

* Least reliable car I'd ever owned.

Thanks!

· Super Moderator
8,843 Posts
UK charging isn't great unless you're Tesla. Get on an ev forum and its full of people frustrated at chargers that dontc work or are blocked. But the car is great.. probably equally as much fun to drive as a jcw. We have ours as a second car so don't need to public charge tho a free one at Tesco proved easy. . It's not a Tesla ie rangev is max 140 , 120 ish in winter but it is a go kart for the road. Not helping am I .sorry. what are your journey needs. That's key imo.

· Registered
408 Posts
Tesla said their network will be opened to all other electric cars 'later this year':

Mini electric range is low, but I'm not an owner. There are other electric cars with better electric only range. Might be best to get hybrid or PHEV until you have your own home / charging station.

· Registered
133 Posts
Sold my Model S* 2 years ago, moved back to Europe and bought a MINI Cooper. Electric to Petrol!

In a MINI showroom yesterday and two models caught my eye. A stunning coloured Mini Cooper / John Cooper works for 38K
And a MINI E for 28K.
Is the electric vehicle's range enough for the UK?
Are there supercharger equivalents to the Tesla for us?

I am temporarily (1 year) renting so I would need public charging. PITA?

* Least reliable car I'd ever owned.

Thanks!
It depends what your needs are and where you live. I also had a Cooper S which was unreliable, a JCW which was fun and then a Porsche Boxster.

Just ordered an Electric- I live in central London and for my town driving, was as fun as the JCW. There are more public charging points being installed and I don’t use the car often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.