Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i think I have the exhaust rattle that I have seen you talking about on here but was just looking some clarification on what exactly this issue was and how it was fixed..

Intermittently I have a rattle coming from somewhere around the rear silencer on my cooper D. It's been happening for the last 5000 miles and now has 18000 on the clock. It's intermittent. When it does happen I can replicate sometimes at Tickover when taking off with no revs or when revving between 1500-2000 rpm. I can only best describe it as a resonating grumble when you do hear it and from inside the car it sounds very loud coming from the rear end. I can sort of replicate the sound by tapping on the rear silencer and can hear the buzzing noise when the car is ticking over..this has definitely led me to believe it's something to do with rear silencer.

Does this sound about right?

Took it to the dealers for its first service and said about the rattle, of course they did not hear because it was intermittent. Will video next time it happens to bring along as example of the noise it makes.

Just looking some of you guys experience to back up my thinking for the next time When I bring it into the workshop in an attempt to get it fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, is the rattle fixed? I think a have the exact same problem. I drive a 2016 1.5 diesel convertible. We have had the problem since day one. At first very slightly Bel u terug now after 18 months and 45k km it is getting louder and very disturbing! On the first service we told the dealer and they glanced at the problem but couldn’t find anything. Did your problem get resolved?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, new back box fitted by dealer as soon as it was shown to them. No return of it since fitted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts