Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First flown 600km ... :D
I am loving driving, fuel consumption of 5.9 L/100km, comfort, well above the previous generation, the gadgets are fabulous! >:D
Those who are waiting is worth it belive! ;)
Sadly now detected two problems ... :crying:
The first is already known ... the splashes of the windshield is I have never used the stained bonnet.
The second this seems to me worse, imagine I will at third in 2.500rpm and will reduce ... for second with your foot on the clutch the engine speeds up to 3,000 :eek: rpm already ordered a test drive in another Cooper D to know whether it makes same.
I was apprehensive about the response of the workshop since told me that the 1.5d engine is to be full of surprises ...
:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've started taking photos of my weeping washer nozzle... and then cleaning it as soon as I can. So far I believe

• You don't have to use the washer for it to weep.
  • You get more weeping on longer journeys than shorter journeys.
  • It's heat related, but not sure if hot weather is required or engine heat is enough.
Your second problem... is that when you're changing down from third gear into second gear? I think the car is supposed to boost the revs in that situation... maybe someone else can confirm? Have a search for "rev matching"...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've started taking photos of my weeping washer nozzle... and then cleaning it as soon as I can. So far I believe

• You don't have to use the washer for it to weep.
  • You get more weeping on longer journeys than shorter journeys.
  • It's heat related, but not sure if hot weather is required or engine heat is enough.
Your second problem... is that when you're changing down from third gear into second gear? I think the car is supposed to boost the revs in that situation... maybe someone else can confirm? Have a search for "rev matching"...
Yes the car has rev match when changing down so always gives the optimu
Revs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me explain again
I'm going into third gear
Load on the clutch and the rotation instead of falling ... rising ... before the second gear being engaged ... :eek:
Sorry if I'm not making myself clear ... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts