Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Finally got round to introducing myself and my new car which I should get on 2nd August (fingers crossed)
Ordered on 22nd April after a lot of indecision over the colour - a toss up between BRG and VO but finally decided on the underdog colour!

Also white roof and 18" wheels in white plus bonnet stripes.
Interior will be Satellite Grey door panels with Glowing Red and Piano Black trim with full leather sports seats.

As far as the rest of the spec I ordered everything except the rear view camera and swivelling headlights (my wife's Peugeot RCZ has them and I don't find them very useful).
Leaving these off also appeased my wife as the total crept up!
My present car is an '05 Cooper S auto which is the best car I've owned and will be sorely missed :crying:

At code 1200 and hopefully ready to pick up on my birthday 8th August
Also ordered a rather silly number plate DC14 XXX - let's hope I don't look like a wally! :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
good colour choice - mine's a BRG/White S Auto too. Just picked it up last week & loving it!

your interior options are different to mine though, i almost went with the red colour line but allowed myself to be talked out of it in favour of the off white. I opted for the pearl cloth/leather seats.

Nice to see someone else going the auto route

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hat

I was looking at your pics yesterday and it looks gorgeous! I wish I had mine now :(

I always drive autos due to a dodgy ankle - MINI have done a good job of updating what is basically the same gearbox as in mine. I did think about waiting for the new ZF 9 speed that the Evoque uses but decided I'd be spending all my time changing gear!

The car I test drove worked better in auto than mine does which is why I always change gear using the paddles. I'll have to get used to the new arrangement that BMW use - at the mo I can go up and down using either paddle.

I hope not too many people choose our colour - it will be more exclusive!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the blue had been more "fun" I would have bought that... (Sorry if I offend any deep blue drivers)

They've re-released Electric Blue but only on the five door :|

·
Registered
998 Posts
yeah i must admit i looked at blue but i've had a dark blue car for the past 7 years so that put it out of the running. the other colour i almost went with was moonwalk but then there are so many grey/silver cars on the road.

i've only briefly played with the paddle shifters once yesterday but i like that they are full size rather than top half up, bottom half down. i went auto because i have a 50 mile round trip commute in traffic & on motorway so it just becomes so much more relaxed to let the car do the work. from what i've read the auto box works better with the S engine than the 3 pot Cooper

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VO was tempting but I thought at my age (53) I would go for something a little more subtle

Mind you, I like the look of the JCW Concept... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't get me wrong I really like VO but I thought I would go for a more classic look
I was very tempted though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.