Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I ordered my Cooper S a few weeks back and have been given a mid April delivery date :) I went for black with black wheels, sunroof, chilli, JCW spoiler and steering wheels and the mandatory heated seats for the UK summer :D I have done a couple of photoshop renders as I am yet to see any pictures of An S in black.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
that actually looks really good, love it!
Would you ever consider getting a different set of wheels in the future or what?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
How come you've managed to get your so quick? I ordered my MCS 5 weeks ago and still no build slot ...gggggrrrr

Looking forward to seeing yours in the metal!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it is pretty quick, I took a chance and ordered a week before the official launch as I figured the mini order books would be pretty full post launch, as it turned out the dealer had some cars hidden away for the party so I could get a sneak peak. I did get the dreaded phone call about delays but then it was all OK because I have a body colour roof etc. I was struggling with colour choice as I wanted something bright and funky but I wasn't too impressed with what was on offer so I thought all black could like quite cool. I've had a BRG and Hot choc mini before so that left me little choice, all silvers and grey shades are too common for me.

I am going to put a nano coating paint protection on myself to help keep it clean :) Mini wanted £500 to do this but you can a kit for under £50 online, easy peasy to do also.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Lol Donna!! But if we all do that what's the bet they'd run out of black paint!! ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Listening to some of the others anything bellow 8 weeks seems like pretty fast from order to delivery - we were lucky - I ordered it on 30/3 and got luckily one of dealer early production slots we were able to spec out - unfortunately when I wanted to add some additional specs week later when returned from business trip it was too late - but my wife should get her new car next Tuesday - hopefully - as it will reach our dealer tomorrow - also midnight black - but with Cooper classics white roof and bonnet stripes....looking at your great pictures cannot wait any longer!

Enjoy you great new car!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it is pretty quick, I took a chance and ordered a week before the official launch as I figured the mini order books would be pretty full post launch, as it turned out the dealer had some cars hidden away for the party so I could get a sneak peak. I did get the dreaded phone call about delays but then it was all OK because I have a body colour roof etc. I was struggling with colour choice as I wanted something bright and funky but I wasn't too impressed with what was on offer so I thought all black could like quite cool. I've had a BRG and Hot choc mini before so that left me little choice, all silvers and grey shades are too common for me.

I am going to put a nano coating paint protection on myself to help ku eep it clean :) Mini wanted £500 to do this but you can a kit for under £50 online, easy peasy to do also.
What nano coating option / kit have you choosen - can you let me know your choice please? How long will it last? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for your quick response midnightf56!

I will denifitely look at it - when I was buying last new car for my wife - her currently well serving but aging a bit by now Jeep Liberty 3.7L Ltd, the dealer offered additional protection of underbody and clear coat for top - we have ordered both and the car is in great shape even if 12 years old now - strangely our Mini dealer has not offered anythiing like this to us yet....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.