Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Could someone point me in the direction of the discussions that have no doubt been held about the pros and cons of getting a stage 1 remap for a post LCI Cooper S with the DCT gearbox (my wife wants an auto - what can I do....). Any risks due to the DCT? Who would be the best people to take it to (I live in Bath)? Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm also a new member so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I have done a fair bit of research into this as I have a dct cooper s due for delivery next month.

In terms of the transmission, I certainly wouldn't be concerned for a stage 1 remap as the power increase would still be well within the limits.

As for the engine, it seems the B48 in the Cooper S is tuned quite conservatively and is a prime candidate for a stage 1. I have contacted a couple of reputable tuners in my area already regarding a dyno tune, but I was told I would need to wait as they will be unable to unlock the ecu straight from factory??

Long story short, I have decided to opt for a piggyback ecu from RaceChip. They are a reputable company with substantial testing behind their maps and the chip its self is easy to install and uninstall yourself, meaning you can pop it off before going in for a service and Mini will be none the wiser that it's ever been chipped.

As I said I'm no expert, but I have done quite a bit of research into this and hope it helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also a new member so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I have done a fair bit of research into this as I have a dct cooper s due for delivery next month.

In terms of the transmission, I certainly wouldn't be concerned for a stage 1 remap as the power increase would still be well within the limits.

As for the engine, it seems the B48 in the Cooper S is tuned quite conservatively and is a prime candidate for a stage 1. I have contacted a couple of reputable tuners in my area already regarding a dyno tune, but I was told I would need to wait as they will be unable to unlock the ecu straight from factory??

Long story short, I have decided to opt for a piggyback ecu from RaceChip. They are a reputable company with substantial testing behind their maps and the chip its self is easy to install and uninstall yourself, meaning you can pop it off before going in for a service and Mini will be none the wiser that it's ever been chipped.

As I said I'm no expert, but I have done quite a bit of research into this and hope it helps.
That is v helpful - many thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts