Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get my f56 cooper S remapped (not a tuning box but proper tune on dyno etc)

Any recomendations for tuning companies please? Ideally I am looking for a custom/hand crafted tune, rather than being flashed with a generic map
Im pretty much central UK, but ideally Buckinghamshire area. Although will travel to get the best of the best

Any info (on remaps, not tuning boxes) welcome

Ta

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Spoke to celtic tuning. They state the following on their website " The new 2.0 T engine from BMW is a modular unit and the stage 1 upgrade to 228bhp is the factory JCW software upgrade.
"
They said they load the same map to the cooper S that is the factory map on the JCW. If that map is suitable, why dont they fit that map as standard at the factory?

Seems a bit odd?

Edit:
heres the link to celtics tune ..
https://www.celtictuning.co.uk/comp...r-s-189-bhp-2014/stage-2?year=2015#t3-content

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not sure if many on this forum have had a remap done or at least not written a review.

There is a review on the forum for TMC tuning box on a JCW which the OP then changed to a custom remap. Might be able to do a search for it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most people, me included, won't be doing a re-map/tune until the warranty expires.

good point

I was focused on a remap because that's the route I went on an audi a3 1.8T quattro (quite a few years ago now when they were the current model) and was blown away with the results

maybe I need to consider a piggy back option until my warranty is up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure if many on this forum have had a remap done or at least not written a review.

There is a review on the forum for TMC tuning box on a JCW which the OP then changed to a custom remap. Might be able to do a search for it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks
Looks like they changed from the tuning box to a remap done by a company called "more bhp"

... and looks like it turned out well, too

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Cant see much point in repeating something that someone has already said and that has already been agreed with and replied to
but thanks for the effort anyway

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spoke to celtic tuning. They state the following on their website " The new 2.0 T engine from BMW is a modular unit and the stage 1 upgrade to 228bhp is the factory JCW software upgrade.
"
They said they load the same map to the cooper S that is the factory map on the JCW. If that map is suitable, why dont they fit that map as standard at the factory?

Seems a bit odd?

Edit:
heres the link to celtics tune ..
Im sure i have read that the JCW has a different compression ratio i suspect to run a little more boost

celtic also list a stage 2 remap at 284BHP! i never seen remap gains anywhere need this without massive hardware changes, They say its the same engine as the BMW 428i but personally i think their must be some hardware changes Turbo, Injectors, Air Feed etc

Also the JCW has a bigger intercooler which stops you adding fog lights as they have extra cooling etc

I might be missing something but de-tuning a engine by nearly 100BHP seems very strange to me!

Im tempted with the JCW Tuning Pro pack you get the JCW exhaust system and a genuine BMW/MINI "remap" taking it to 210BHP and keeping your warranty etc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts