Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have installed a cutout before the muffler. Now it sound good. Its loud but ok.

But there is a huge problem at full throttle and high rpm i get a high pitch sound. Not the turbo whistle but really high tone.

Like air passing a small gap that kind of sound. Maybe there is anybody who knows how to adjust it ?

Thank you.

·
Registered
768 Posts
So i have installed a cutout before the muffler. Now it sound good. Its loud but ok.

But there is a huge problem at full throttle and high rpm i get a high pitch sound. Not the turbo whistle but really high tone.

Like air passing a small gap that kind of sound. Maybe there is anybody who knows how to adjust it ?

Thank you.
Without seeing pictures of what's installed or a video of the noise it's going to be near impossible to tell you.
Did you delete the muffler completely?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks like the cutout was designed to operate like a flute at higher exhaust gas velocities aka high power. No surprise if sounds strange.

You need an oblique "Y" pipe to point the cut-out exit rearward. That will reduce or eliminate the flow-based resonance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.