Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have had my cooper s 2021 for about 6 months and I don't know if its just me but the car seems faster in green mode I've only just found this out last week I used to just have the car in sport mode sure it sounds better in that mode but sure does seem quicker in green mode anyone else think the same or am a tripping?

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
I never thought that green mode would feel faster than other modes.
Maybe I should try out after work 🤣

·
Registered
36 Posts
I only use green mode when on motorway journeys, I achieve 50mpg. In other situations Green mode is horrible to drive, the throttle response is too slow.

I leave it in Mid mode for day to day urban driving then Sport when the need for some fun and noise arises.

·
Registered
2019 A94 F56 JCW AUTO
148 Posts
I never thought that green mode would feel faster than other modes.
Maybe I should try out after work 🤣
Car definitely feels sluggish after trying out, however, what I noticed was my exhaust has louder bangs than normal mode.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with snow, since it will limit the torque, but on highways with cruise control activated has definitely no effect.
Not quite no effect. If you are using AC then green mode runs the compressor at a lower setting and modulates it’s use. It may also have an effect on the water and oil pump mapping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts