Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Having had my cooper s for a couple of months I'm getting the itch for some upgrades with the remus or jcw exhaust being top of my list.

In order to have the JCW exhaust I will have to the whole kit which as I'm aware gives a gain of 210hp but I found that remus do a remap http://www.remusuk.com/powerizer.asp?pman=Mini&pmod=1851 which claims to give 230hp.>:D

This leaves me with a decision to go down the JCW kit route or the remus exhaust with a remap which looks to work out cheaper than the JCW kit and gives more power. However I think I prefer the sound of the JCW exhaust plus the mini warranty.

Has anyone modded their F56's with either of these upgrade options and were they worth it over standard?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Would like too know more. I'm still thinking about piggy back or ecu tune. Or jcw kit. So very intrested about this. Does somebody have the remus powerizer?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Why waste money on a JCW/Remus exhaust when you can do this?
The high maintenance costs will kill you, that's why. My trombonist steadfastly refused to sit in the open rear hatch, he complained eevvvery tiiiiiiiiiime I had to open the rink at 5am, and he said the bumps on the Highway 72 bridges really killed his lips. Had to sell the system on Craigslist to a kid with a rice burner.

·
Registered
505 Posts
In other news... I'm kind of going through the same thing... I'd really like the upgraded exhaust with both the "I'm a normal guy in my mid 40s with a cool enthusiast car" setting and the "BWAAAA" settings, but I go back and forth between the JCW and Remus. It's all pretty close, but while the 13 year old in me likes the Remus sound better, not to mention the extra HP, the mid-40s dude who actually owns the car and is paying for it keeps telling the 13 year old it's more practical to let Mini do the work and put in a Mini system that they stand behind... and we don't want to be toooooooo loud, lest we look like a foolish old fart having a midlife crisis... and when one owns a bright orange Mini with Black Jack side scuttles and bonnet stripes, there's a fine line indeed.

Bottom line, I'm leaning towards saving my pennies for the JCW becase it's easier for me to find and get installed (just go to a dealer) while being a little less in your face vs finding someone around here that knows what they are doing with both a Remus and a Mini.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes have to agree the jcw exhaust sounds best in sport mod with the valve open and quiter in mid mode when I don't want to act like a 13 yr old.
If going down the remus route for remap I take it the standard breaks would be sufficient for the power upgrade?

Can someone with deep pockets take the risk.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Why waste money on a JCW/Remus exhaust when you can do this?
That's hillarious! I didn't get it until I saw the trombone!!! I was wondering what the heck Tiger was talking about! LOL! Sounded pretty good though! :)

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi there

Having had my cooper s for a couple of months I'm getting the itch for some upgrades with the remus or jcw exhaust being top of my list.

In order to have the JCW exhaust I will have to the whole kit which as I'm aware gives a gain of 210hp but I found that remus do a remap http://www.remusuk.com/powerizer.asp?pman=Mini&pmod=1851 which claims to give 230hp.>:D

This leaves me with a decision to go down the JCW kit route or the remus exhaust with a remap which looks to work out cheaper than the JCW kit and gives more power. However I think I prefer the sound of the JCW exhaust plus the mini warranty.

Has anyone modded their F56's with either of these upgrade options and were they worth it over standard?

Thanks
Hi. Watch if you are thinking about Remus Powerizer as Racechip Ultimate only cost me around £400 with Euro exchange rate. Didn't touch exhaust though as moving on to JCW with Pro exhaust. Can confirm the box gives good results though having fitted one to 3 different cars over the years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.