Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals

As per the thread title, I have ordered a cooper s today with the following spec:

Chili pack
Rear park sensors
Heated front screen
Visual boost
black wheels
White silver with black roof and mirrors

Sooo excited but delivery mid July so bit of a wait. I'm in south east England on the coast, anyone else on here near me?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm in London.

I ordered the day before you, and was quoted mid July.

When I spoke to the dealer last week, they said beginning of July......but not sure if they meant that as a build date or a delivery date. Think I might phone them again next week and see if it's still on track!

Reactions: Fletto

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a little video update emailed to me two days ago saying that it was still on track for mid July but I'm secretly hoping it may turn up a bit earlier, really can't wait to get it!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! Get on line for the wait.. It will go fast if you do not check the owners lounge every hour :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
UK customers don't get the option of tracking our order the way US customers do.

We have to go through our dealer.

I asked Mini about this, and they said it's something they hope to introduce in the future!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
UK customers don't get the option of tracking our order the way US customers do.

We have to go through our dealer.

I asked Mini about this, and they said it's something they hope to introduce in the future!
well thats not very nice of them.. BOOO :|

·
Registered
340 Posts
It does seem US customers get treated better. It's probably because of the culture of taking people to court, which you have in the US. Us Brits just complain, where as the Americans do their complaining in court. I think that frightens a lot of big companies like BMW, as it ends up being very expensive for them!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think mini must build the cars for the US as quickly as they can, knowing that it takes a few weeks to ship it there. If customers had to wait 2-3 months plus 6 weeks for shipping they would probably buy cars from a competitor with a factory in America and much shorter lead times.

My dealer did tell me a story about a lady who ordered a clubman with a particular colour combination. It got discontinued while she was waiting for it and they tried to tell her she couldn't have it...

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
It does seem US customers get treated better. It's probably because of the culture of taking people to court, which you have in the US. Us Brits just complain, where as the Americans do their complaining in court. I think that frightens a lot of big companies like BMW, as it ends up being very expensive for them![/QUOT

You must think all Americans have a Lawyer in their closet..

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL. You mean they don't?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok frustration and impatience getting the better of me now...

Hadn't heard anything from dealer in about a month so I thought I'd email for a status update. He ignored my first email so I sent another >:D

This time I got a reply that my mini was scheduled. Now this isn't really enough info for me as it could be at 1100 or 1200 if he was being vague? I have asked specifically for the code via email and hopefully won't be ignored again.

I'm hoping it's 1200 or I will be feeling a little deflated. Think I ordered on the 29th April if memory serves so I was kinda hoping I may be close to production if the initial estimated delivery of mid July was to be met?

Had to vent a little and figured this to be the best place for it. @andyross37 have you heard anymore on yours?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good thing it's been scheduled! thats something at least. Hopefully you don't get any delays.

Ordered mine on 31st of March with a 20th of June estimated delivery. been since moved back to mid (would of been the same week as my birthday which would of been nice) and then late July but it still hasn't been scheduled. I don't know what all the different status' but mine is still able to be edited so I'm not holding out hope.

Been looking at different cars as I've been annoyed with my dealer and Mini from very early on. I've wanted a Cooper S since I was 14..got a display box of 10 different scale models at home (sad I Know) and now I am able to get a real one and its been a bit of a nightmare. Maybe I should just go next door and get an Audi instead...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good thing it's been scheduled! thats something at least. Hopefully you don't get any delays.

Ordered mine on 31st of March with a 20th of June estimated delivery. been since moved back to mid (would of been the same week as my birthday which would of been nice) and then late July but it still hasn't been scheduled. I don't know what all the different status' but mine is still able to be edited so I'm not holding out hope.

Been looking at different cars as I've been annoyed with my dealer and Mini from very early on. I've wanted a Cooper S since I was 14..got a display box of 10 different scale models at home (sad I Know) and now I am able to get a real one and its been a bit of a nightmare. Maybe I should just go next door and get an Audi instead...
Sorry to hear you've had such a long wait Tiki, makes me feel a little ashamed to moan about my situation, as you say at least it's scheduled I guess. I hope you stick with it though, be a shame to miss out on your dream car. Sounds like you got caught up in the diesel problems?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

Coming from an ex Audi driver:

Be prepared for incredibly bad service should your Audi develop a fault...

I know it's everyone - but on the scale of it Audi are pretty bad helping their customers when it comes down to it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haha no need to be ashamed Fletto, I very much doubt it is your fault. I not 100% what the delay in mine is, the dealer said the factory was closed for 2 weeks due to a number of issues, but then that seems strange that it seems to be only affecting people sporadically. I've order the petrol MCS so I hope its not a diesel issue, otherwise I have many other bigger issues that just a delay ;)

I'm sure you're right about Audi, To be honest i'm not really looking, the only one I'd go for would be an S5..all others seem a bit dull to me just now. I should hopefully be joining you in Team Volcanic Orange come late July :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nooo don't give up!! My car was built on 6th March and I'm only just picking it up tomorrow. It's been a bl**dy tough wait but now the day is almost here I'm so pleased I hung in there. Don't let them ruin your dream car!! By all accounts it is WELL worth the wait, and July isn't too far off now!

Reactions: Sally

·
Registered
340 Posts

Hadn't heard anything from dealer in about a month so I thought I'd email for a status update. He ignored my first email so I sent another >:D

This time I got a reply that my mini was scheduled. Now this isn't really enough info for me as it could be at 1100 or 1200 if he was being vague? I have asked specifically for the code via email and hopefully won't be ignored again.

I'm hoping it's 1200 or I will be feeling a little deflated. Think I ordered on the 29th April if memory serves so I was kinda hoping I may be close to production if the initial estimated delivery of mid July was to be met?

Had to vent a little and figured this to be the best place for it. @andyross37 have you heard anymore on yours?
Hey Fletto,
I phoned the dealer last week and was at status 1200.

I'm due for a week 28 build. We're currently on week 26.

I emailed them this morning for an update, still waiting for a reply. Some people seem to be getting their cars early, so fingers and toes crossed.

I'll update when I hear back from the dealer.

·
Registered
471 Posts

That's not great customer service is it. Who have you gone with, someone local? They really should be looking after customers more, it's not that hard to keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Haha no need to be ashamed Fletto, I very much doubt it is your fault. I not 100% what the delay in mine is, the dealer said the factory was closed for 2 weeks due to a number of issues, but then that seems strange that it seems to be only affecting people sporadically. I've order the petrol MCS so I hope its not a diesel issue, otherwise I have many other bigger issues that just a delay ;)

I'm sure you're right about Audi, To be honest i'm not really looking, the only one I'd go for would be an S5..all others seem a bit dull to me just now. I should hopefully be joining you in Team Volcanic Orange come late July :)
Tiki

I had an A5 Daytona Grey Black Edition - always thought about the S5 - couldn't justify the ownership so settled on the other end of the scale 1.8T.

It was my fourth Audi - and the one that broke my relationship with the brand.
Their are many good people that work at Audi - usually though they are at reception and at service - everyone else has been a nightmare - and you can add the senior executive office to that list.

They are worse.

Now granted Mini Uk customer services are nothing special either - Berry Heathrow were rude at the end... So it's a never ending loop for us customers - you pick your choices batten down the hatches and go with the flow...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts