Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My Cooper S in Thunder Grey is due 1st September.

I was tempted to order the JCW roof spoiler but my car is now locked down on production code 1200.

Question.
Is the standard Cooper S roof spoiler the same as the Cooper roof spoiler or does it have its own specific design or size difference?

Tried looking at the configurator but not clear.

Any ideas please ..........

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the pics, appreciated.
I think this is classed as the John Cooper Works spoiler in the UK?

Could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many thanks for the pics, appreciated.
I think this is classed as the John Cooper Works spoiler in the UK?

Could be wrong.
The spoiler in the Photo is the JCW one. The Cooper and Cooper S both jave the same standard spoiler. In a different thread someone has posted ways to install the JCW spoiler. In any case, should be a piece of cake for your dealer. Not sure of the cost for a post installation.

Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone,
Still don't know if the Cooper S roof spoiler is different to the Cooper in the UK.

I guess there is one roof spoiler for the Coopers and a JCW roof spoiler.

I was kinda hoping my Cooper S spoiler would be a bit different and larger.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'd never noticed that before, cheers!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would have argued that they were both the same, but I waited to check at the dealers yesterday.

That's twice I've been wrong this year already, I need a lie down.;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
they're so similar it makes you wonder why they bother. its not like either car actually needs the aero properties of a spoiler anyway so why have yet another part to stock and fit?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks LeakyTurnip,
You have made my day!

Really chuffed my Cooper S spoiler is different, looks the bushiness.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
375 Posts
they're so similar it makes you wonder why they bother. its not like either car actually needs the aero properties of a spoiler anyway so why have yet another part to stock and fit?
I completely understand your point. Cost wise it would be more efficient for MINI to provide all models standard with the same spoiler but since they charge so much more for a Cooper S they have to create difference in appearance. Aerodynamics of these spoilers are neglectible and I think the majority of people with a Cooper S go for the optional JCW spoiler which really gives the S a more sporty look. To go one step further, all Cooper S models should standard come with the JCW spoiler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts