Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just had a test drive of the Mini Cooper S JCW, I liked the car and all but I was wondering if the regular Cooper S was a bit more comfortable, and if there are differences to the steering between the two. The JCW I drove had super quick steering to the point where I felt I needed to pay a lot of attention so I don't veer into the sidewall by mistake. I don't think I've ever had a car with steering this quick.

Has anyone driven both and can you provide some feedback on how the two feel? My dealer doesn't have a regular Cooper S that I can drive at the moment, only a JCW.

Thank you.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The steering is the same on both cars but the std. suspension is different being 30% stiffer in the JCW.

You can however get the JCW with variable dampers option which is the same as Cooper S with the same option. This is 10% softer than std. Cooper S suspension in eco/mid mode and 10% stiffer in sport mode.

In some regional markets you can opt for the sport suspension option which is the same suspension as the JCW model.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The JCW is a more performance oriented car if you are a twisty fan and it has more horsepower than the S. If don't plan to performance drive the S is probably the better choice. If you want the best of both worlds get the dynamic damper option on the JCW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.